Fran gets contract extension !!!

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
He has a couple kids that need schooling, gotta make sure they are covered incase their scholly s get pulled.

The more the pieces come together, the more brilliantly it appears he has played this. Virtually unfireable with that buyout. Make sure you don't bring in anything close to resembling a PG insuring your son will get to the play the position for the next few years. Wonder how the timing of this getting negotiated this summer aligned with Williams leaving? Bet CW got the word he should move on about 2 hours after Fran had a deal.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Seriously, what was Fran's bargaining power? "Hey Barta... I didn't make the NCAA last year, shouldn't I get another extension with a huge buyout?".

I don't get it. I think Barta is just probably tired with his health issues, and didn't feel like doing another coaching search. No other explanation.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If they agreed to the contract extension in the spring, why wouldn't they announce it then? According the the Hawk media in this state, Mad Fran did an incredible job getting to the NIT last year. It was so impressive!

Why on God's green earth would you double the freaking buyout? That's not market value.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If they agreed to the contract extension in the spring, why wouldn't they announce it then? According the the Hawk media in this state, Mad Fran did an incredible job getting to the NIT last year. It was so impressive!

Why on God's green earth would you double the freaking buyout? That's not market value.

Hey now don't complain just accept our I mean Iowa's good fortune.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I am anxiously anticipating Jon D Miller's take on this.

"We have to be realistic as basketball fans in Eastern Iowa, having seasons in the range of 14-17 or 16-15 will be the norm when you play in a hardcourt juggernaut like the B1G"

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Hawk Fan:
CompassionateCheerfulChimneyswift-max-1mb.gif

Cyclone Fan:

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'll never understand why AD's negotiate against themselves in these situations. Why increase the buyout? What the hell was the point in that other than to completely hamstring yourself? If you want to tack another year or two on, whatever, but he would have signed it even without the buyout!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Between Ferentz's almost annual raises and now this, the only thing I can figure is that there are a LOT of pics of Barta floating around for some reason.

You ever seen the Goatse picture? Ferentz probably has it with a different angle showing Barta's face. :eek:

PS, If you don't know what Goatse is, for the love of all thats in the garden of good and evil at midnight, DO NOT GOOGLE IT. NSFW.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Yes! All the hawk fans I know we're so excited that Fran was going to get fired soon....bahahaha.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Funny they kept this on the DL, I'm sure they were waiting for a winning streak or big win to let it out. Had they walked out of Hilton with a win, this would have been headline news December 8th.