Fran Fraschilla

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
He did the women's game on Saturday in Ames, didn't he?

Probably sticking around to get that Hickory Park fat layer built up for the upcoming long summer basketball hibernation.

I don't know much about Fran's pros and cons as a coach. But I love listening to him do color commentary and he's one of the better PR guys in the media for ISU. You're right - loves everything ISU it seems

How did he not get a men's tournament gig? Is it an ESPN thing? After listening to a couple of Rafferty's games over the weekend....
smiley_gun.png

Rafferty is awesome! Love that guy!

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Put me down as a big Fran supporter. He's been very positive towards Iowa State and is a damn good commentator. I love how he called out Marcus Smart's flopping during the 3OT game in Stillwater. He attended the Iowa/Iowa State game at Hilton this year (I'm assuming on his own dime), not as a commentator but just as a spectator.

It's too bad we get substandard commentary during the NCAA tournament as I'd much rather have Fran calling our games.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It would be an outstanding hire, but I doubt it happens. When these guys have been with a network for as long as he has been they learn that they like their life employed by a network. There is so much less stress on them that they learn to enjoy life and they realize they don't want to go back to that kind of life. With Fraschilla out of the game as long as he has been, I don't see him taking the mantle back up.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If we were gonna add a coach I'd personally want a former big man.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
He seems to love him some hickory park. But then again, who doesn't?
He was at Wallabys on Friday night. And during the WBB game on Saturday he gave Wallabys a shout out and said he'd be back Saturday night.