Fran Fraschilla: 2012/13 BigXII Power Rankings

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
We lost everything off last years team.

HOWEVER, what we fans can hope for is that Clyburn and Korie are studs and can be as good as Royce, Scotty.

Im very curious to see how good we are without Royce.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Hmmm funny he thinks that so lets prove ANOTHER espn whoever wrong. Having a true point will be a good thing this year. Yes we will miss Royce, Scotty, Chris, but others are ready to pounce!!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I heard clyburn is afraid of bees maybe espn will make this a year long story jimlad.

D

DistrictCyclone

We lost everything off last years team.

HOWEVER, what we fans can hope for is that Clyburn and Korie are studs and can be as good as Royce, Scotty.

Im very curious to see how good we are without Royce.

I think Ejim, Babb, Booker, Gibson, McGee, and Palo would respectfully disagree.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
There's little to suggest either OK school should be picked ahead of ISU or WVU.

KU is the clear #1 and should be every year until there is a seismic shift.

WVU, Texas, ISU, Baylor and KSU will all be fighting among the next tier and who knows how they should be positioned.

Then OU and OSU as teams that need to make a leap but have a shot at post season.

Then way at the bottom are TTech and TCU.

The placement of OU and OSU are the only major head scratchers.

why OSU? marcus smart.
why not OSU? travis ford.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think Ejim, Babb, Booker, Gibson, McGee, and Palo would respectfully disagree.

I should have said we lost all of our playmakers on offense.

Those guys were nice roll players, but no denying Scotty, Allen, Royce did a majority of work night in and night out.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

Those guys were nice roll players, but no denying Scotty, Allen, Royce did a majority of work night in and night out.

I'll help: What you're saying is we lost the three best guys on our team at taking people off the dribble and getting their own shot, which is a huge deal. I think Lucious will help and Clyburn is an obvious upgrade at at SF position, so this should help. I think our aggregate of 3-9 players are all going to have to step up huge this year so our offense doesn't regress. It was a pretty nice luxury to have a 6'8" 270lb monster who could take anyone off the dribble and create shots for everyone else. I hope we don't miss that, but there will proabably be nights were we look horrible on offense this year.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

We lost all our playmakers on offense but we replaced them with playmakers on offense. On the defensive side, I would take Clyburn and Lucious over Scotty and CA. Increased depth, increased Babb. Everyone else has a year under their belt. Strong recruiting class. I would think anything under 4th would be slightly disappointing based on last years teams vs. this years, but then again we overachieved a bit last year.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Allen took 206 3 point shots. Booker took 38. And there's a 5% difference. Don't give me that crap. Bubu shot 46% he must have been the best three point shooter if we're going by that.

Call it what you wanna call it. Allen took too many shots. They may have shot a lot less, but they took those shots because they were open and should take those shots. Hence, the higher %.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
What does Oklahoma have that would lead anyone to believe that they will finish ahead of us??! What am I missing?

just about everyone back, good recruits, and Lon Kruger. Just a guess, though.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I see Niang starting before Percy to be honest. I think Booker will be the starter though. He has the defense, body size/strength, and seniority. He played way more than Percy did last year. I'm just not seeing how all of you are coming up with Percy starting over Booker. If Percy starts they'll have 40 points in the paint every game. He is great offensively but defensively we will be small once again so we need a solid defender inside and he is not that. I hope Booker can contain himself a little more and keep out of foul trouble this year.
You serious? It's probably the fact that Percy started 6 games last year while Booker started 0 games.

Ejim is a very good defender, him plus Gibson gives a good offense-defense inside, and Niang and Booker also make a good duo together. You don't want to have Niang and Gibson on the court at the same time (unless Gibson improved on D) the D would be pretty bad, just like you don't want Booker and Ejim together, the O would be pretty bad.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
You serious? It's probably the fact that Percy started 6 games last year while Booker started 0 games.

Ejim is a very good defender, him plus Gibson gives a good offense-defense inside, and Niang and Booker also make a good duo together. You don't want to have Niang and Gibson on the court at the same time (unless Gibson improved on D) the D would be pretty bad, just like you don't want Booker and Ejim together, the O would be pretty bad.

I think our defensive concerns are greater than our offensive concerns as far as the bigs are concerned. Gibson needed a much larger improvement than I feel he could make in a season. It's easy to put Percy in there when you have the manliest man in all of college basketball by his side. That man is gone and I don't see the combination of Ejim and Clyburn being the height inside as enough to cover the complete lack of defense Percy played last year. As good as Ejim is as a hustler, rebounder, defender, he is still short for a big man.