Framed pic of JTS at Scheels...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Anyone else sick of that lame framed JTS pick that they sell at Scheels and other places? You know the one that only shows the east side, and it's about 3/4 full? It looks like a mid-late 90's game vs. Okie State judging by the uniforms on the field. If you look at the Cockeye section they have a really cool picture of Kinnick taken from the end zone during that OSU game a couple of years ago. Why couldn't we get an endzone pic looking towards the Jake during the '06 Nebraska Golden Rules game, or '05 Iowa game, or last years UNI game, or something. I just don't see why have such a crappy picture when I'm sure there are some really cool pictures out there we could use? Anyone have any ideas of how we could get a better pic out there?

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I've also been very frustrated at the lack of good framed pictues of Hilton. You'd think with all the great games and pictures ISU could find a great pick of the crowd going nuts and put it in a frame.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
I agree. That is the only ISU framed piece they have while there are a bunch of pretty cool framed Iowa pieces.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I've actually got one that I like. It's a little misleading though. It looks like we're playing Nebraska. The place is packed and it's a sea of red. Hey, if you didn't know any better you'd think they were all ISU fans.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've actually got one that I like. It's a little misleading though. It looks like we're playing Nebraska. The place is packed and it's a sea of red. Hey, if you didn't know any better you'd think they were all ISU fans.

Where did you get it? I would love to have a good JTS pic to hang on the wall!

beans4cy

Apr 11, 2006
Jordan Creek has an art/frame store that I believe is on the bottom level not far from Younkers. I cannot think of the name, but they have the print I believe he is talking about. It is from the endzone, and is of Stevie Hicks scoring against Nebraska. It is a great picture.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
You guys are right on. Why would you take a picture of the stadium when its only 75% full?

I searched for 2 minutes and found better pictures in the first 3 results of google.

loc2_450.jpg

iowa_state_stadium_picture.jpg

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I've also been very frustrated at the lack of good framed pictues of Hilton. You'd think with all the great games and pictures ISU could find a great pick of the crowd going nuts and put it in a frame.

Next year it would be cool if, during the Kansas game maybe, Wesley W could get up in the rafters again and take a panoramic shot of Hilton, all the way around!

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
A friend of mine took a GREAT overhead photo of Jack Trice. He told me the pilot came right overhead and had a trap door in the bottom of the plane and he could shoot out of that. The photo is on cyclones.com so I am not sure if my friend still has ownership of the photo but if he does I'm sure he would sell them. On his website a 16x20 is $40, 20x30 is $50 and 30x40 is $90. I'll ask him about that the next time I see him.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Thanks guys! that one from the '04 NU game looks amazing! I was at the game too, so it really makes me want to get it, its a bit pricey, but worth it, I suppose.

SVT

Nov 9, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I have a great wide angle shot of Jack Trice from the corner of the Student Section looking onto the field. I got it at Walden Photo in Ames. I was in there one day and a guy working there was showing me some stuff he took. I asked if I could buy it and he said sure. He had some pretty cool pics. I got on from the 2002 Nebraska game, about 16x20 and I think he charged me $16 or something. The endzone pic of Stevie running in for the TD is a good print too, I think I paid $30 or so for it (plus frame).

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
cant remember exactly what all they have..but deck the walls in merle hay has 4 or 5 quality pics of jts ;)

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I bought this poster on Ebay for about 18 bucks.

Bought a black frame and had the girlie do the matting.

Looks great. Total cost around 35 bucks.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I have one that looks like its taken from the top of the press box on the East side of the stadium and the band is spelled out in "CYCLONES". Its a packed house, hillsides included.

I think we bought it from cheerleaders selling them at tailgates a year or two ago.