Formula One starts this weekend, am I the only fan?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
He was 100 percent trying to pick up DRS but Lewis didn’t go around him.
Of course, I’m just saying Max didn’t brake check anyone, he was slowing to give the place back at the point that was most advantageous for him.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Next weekend should be interesting. With Max having the tie breaker I wouldn't be surprised to see him take himself and Lewis out so they both get a DNF. Simple way to ensure the championship.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Watching lots of interviews sounds like they were likely making a move to get the DRS detection.
Lewis even said he knew that’s what he was doing, I just don’t understand why he crashed into him.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Lewis even said he knew that’s what he was doing, I just don’t understand why he crashed into him.

I think Lewis knew that after the fact. At the time he didn’t know Max was giving his place up and got confused with what Max was doing. I really don’t think there’s any more to it than that.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Yep, just dangerous and not prepared it seems like. Let’s make a narrow track with no runoff areas that also has them going flat out for 80% of the lap, what could go wrong.

Not only that, but when something does go wrong we’ll have to red flag the race, because we forgot, in the most likely crash spots, we might need to get a car off the track. What a **** show. It blows my mind how much you have to go through to get grade 1 certification, yet this was allowed to happen.

Then again, it did set up a great finish to the season. You couldn’t make a believable movie with this script.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think Lewis knew that after the fact. At the time he didn’t know Max was giving his place up and got confused with what Max was doing. I really don’t think there’s any more to it than that.
Max could have been breaking down for all he knew, why would he slow down and run up behind him like that if he wasn’t trying to not pass him before the line?

Lewis was clearly trying to not pass max as max was giving back the place and Lewis ****** up.

Reactions: AgronAlum

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

IMO, they were both playing games. Lewis knew Max was slowing. Max wanted to get DRS and Lewis didn’t want Max to have it. The stewards should have just said, “play on.” Honestly after that **** show of a race, it would have been the best call.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
For a 2.4g deacceleration (could have been downshift instead of brake pedal) and swerve to the left (the one that made Hamilton hit him)

I think it's a formality. Think he was still up 20 seconds on third place. So he should still have that covered I think

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
For a 2.4g deacceleration (could have been downshift instead of brake pedal) and swerve to the left (the one that made Hamilton hit him)

I think it's a formality. Think he was still up 20 seconds on third place. So he should still have that covered I think
steward report states he braked

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
To me this is like a warning from refs in a basketball game that is getting chippy.
10 seconds when they know it won't change the outcome is simply saying, clean it up.
I don't mind the 10 seconds BUT I would have a problem if those 10 seconds caused Max to go done a position to 3rd.

Can't wait to see what the hell happens next weekend!