Formula One starts this weekend, am I the only fan?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Well that was crazy, I can't believe how long he was in the cockpit in the fire. If just one thing had gone wrong and he was unable to get out even as quickly as he did this would have been tragic.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
On one hand I hope Haas picks him up, on the other hand I wouldn’t wish that car on Maldanado.
I'm not sure he wants to go there honestly. I think he wants the second seat at Red Bull.

I think there were rumors that Haas is looking hard at Schumacher and Mazepin.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Lewis Hamilton will miss the race this week after testing positive for COVID.

Wish no ill will on Lewis but it will make the result of this weeks race more interesting. If Valteri finishes behind whomever stands in with that seat I would laugh my ass off.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Lewis Hamilton will miss the race this week after testing positive for COVID.
It'll be interesting to see who gets the drive in Lewis's place this weekend. I had to look and see who the reserve driver was. Looks like it could either be Vandoorne or Gutierrez if they use their reserve driver or maybe Hulkenberg is the all time Covid relief driver this year for everybody.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Also, I missed the conversation from Sunday but it was a pretty crazy race. Glad Grosjean is okay, I don't think anyone will question the halo again.

Crazy finish too minus Lewis, glad to see Albon on the podium, I have always felt he has been pretty unlucky. Tough luck for Checo but that has kind of been this season for him. I am by no means a Checo fan but it is hard to not feel sympathetic for the guy. Definitely deserves a spot over Stroll but tough to beat that one when Daddy owns the team. Selfishly I was glad Checo had the car give out though, strong finish for Mclaren.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
It'll be interesting to see who gets the drive in Lewis's place this weekend. I had to look and see who the reserve driver was. Looks like it could either be Vandoorne or Gutierrez if they use their reserve driver or maybe Hulkenberg is the all time Covid relief driver this year for everybody.

With both championships locked up I doubt they bring in Hulk. They want Valteri to get second and Hulk would lap everyone in that car given what he did in the pink merc.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
With both championships locked up I doubt they bring in Hulk. They want Valteri to get second and Hulk would lap everyone in that car given what he did in the pink merc.
Man I really wish we could see Nico in that car. Especially since it'll be the outer oval. He would be able to get up to speed really quick again.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Late to the party but wow that was quite the crash. The video I watched it looked like he jumped back over the wall to be by the medics. amazing engineering and probably a lot of luck to survive that. Lucky guy. Never have seen one of those cars torn apart like that.