isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Had some health issues

• Wow
Reactions: 2speedy1

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Well that's heartbreaking. Hopefully not a similar situation to Paul Gray's death.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I'm not a big Slipknot fan, but always respected Joey as a musician and as a person. It was never about the money or fame with him, it was always about the music. I had an old demo cassette tape of his band prior to Slipknot, called Modifidious, and loved his drumming ever since hearing that for the first time. I met him back in 2004 when he was filling in on a tour for a band called Satyricon, who were on tour with Morbid Angel and Suffocation. I had no idea Joey was on that tour until I ran into him outside of the venue here. I talked to him for a bit and he was really nice. I asked him "Cyclones or Hawkeyes?" and he just kinda chuckled and didn't answer.

Reactions: NWICY

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I
Am good friend with Joey and his sister Annie and Katie. Paul Gray was my old roommate. They were great guys and I am super sad tonight. Joey had a form of MS. He struggled pretty hard over the last ten years but
Kept his spirits high. I’m going to miss him dearly.

Sorry if I didn’t type this very well. All of us have been celebrating him at the bar tonight. RIP Nathan Jonas. U were a great guy.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Saw Slipknot in 2009 at wells fargo. Incredible show and it was incredible watching him work. He's pretty high up on a lot of greatest rock/metal drummers of all time lists.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not a Slipknot fan, but Joey Jordison had my respect as a musician. Amazing drummer.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I’m a drummer, their music is not my style overall but, Joey was an excellent drummer. The fills and his double bass was out of sight. I saw them at dot fest at the Ankeny airfield and was like holy **** these guys are gonna be huge. If I’m not mistaken they played on the second stage not the main stage. RIP Joey.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I’m a drummer, their music is not my style overall but, Joey was an excellent drummer. The fills and his double bass was out of sight. I saw them at dot fest at the Ankeny airfield and was like holy **** these guys are gonna be huge. If I’m not mistaken they played on the second stage not the main stage. RIP Joey.

I was standing on the side stage of that show. I remember in the early days it was either people all in or other people laughing at them. It was a real deal that it could go either way. When they broke finally it was awesome. I was able to go with them on Ozzfest for two months. It really was the funnest thing ever. Just flat out having fun all day and all night every single day and every show. Hanging with all the bands every night. I worked at Safari on University for Shawn (The Clown) and saw them go from start to where they are now. It's been an incredible ride to watch. Watching Paul fall to addiction was very hard. He was the nicest guy you could ever hang with. Now watching Joey go down. It's like part of my 20's are gone.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I was standing on the side stage of that show. I remember in the early days it was either people all in or other people laughing at them. It was a real deal that it could go either way. When they broke finally it was awesome. I was able to go with them on Ozzfest for two months. It really was the funnest thing ever. Just flat out having fun all day and all night every single day and every show. Hanging with all the bands every night. I worked at Safari on University for Shawn (The Clown) and saw them go from start to where they are now. It's been an incredible ride to watch. Watching Paul fall to addiction was very hard. He was the nicest guy you could ever hang with. Now watching Joey go down. It's like part of my 20's are gone.
I’m sorry man my heart goes out to you, friends and family.