Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Weird.....too bad. Would have been a great situation to fall into

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I refuse to click on a Des Moines Register link because of their limited access. Can anyone elaborate on the story or provide a link to another newspaper or website? I'm intrigued...

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I refuse to click on a Des Moines Register link because of their limited access. Can anyone elaborate on the story or provide a link to another newspaper or website? I'm intrigued...
Article was really no more informative than this thread title. Nothing really said.

dudeabides

Jan 15, 2011
ankeny
It is very disappointing, My daughter and I were both excited about having her as the coach of her team. I wish Kelsey the best of luck and hope we find an exceptional replacement. As far as all the "successful coaches and good players going to Centennial" that is a short term issue caused by later grade students wanting to stay together and the coaches wanting to stay with these kids to maintain their success, both are fair reasons to move. Eventually things will even out and AHS will be athletically on on par with Centennial. In the meantime we will enjoy our role as the underdog, something fans on this site should be familiar with.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
I heard she was promised a teaching job as well and that never came through.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Aren't all the successful coaches and good players going to Centennial?
I doubt that's true; there are plenty of good athletes in the Ankeny High feeder district, and the Ankeny school board is not allowing open enrollment transfers except in documented cases of bullying and/or harassment.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I doubt that's true; there are plenty of good athletes in the Ankeny High feeder district, and the Ankeny school board is not allowing open enrollment transfers except in documented cases of bullying and/or harassment.

Actually they did some survey and most of the good athletes were ending up at the new school. There's a reason why most of the coaches have moved to the new one.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I heard she was promised a teaching job as well and that never came through.

This makes sense to me. Ankeny requires an exam with a minimum score to be eligible for the second round of interviews. Not teaching for several years or ever would not bode well if she needed to go through the traditional Ankeny interview process.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron