Info: For you forum/tech junkies (info on our new site)

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I heard cybookie was coming back, and now I'm all....

DudeWaiting.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
probably ads, they arent making any money on the mobile site right now if you havent noticed.

Ill be glad to see a new mobile site that has a few more features even if it has ads, hopefully no video ads though.

I'm determined to boycott anyone producing a video ad.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
There will obviously be differences between the current forums and the new - but change can be very positive and the pros absolutely outweigh the cons (very minor learning curve) of a change.

vBulletin was absolutely the best platform to get CF to where it is today - no question. But, it's basically EOL and hasn't been able to add the things people want and expect in 2016 (let alone in the future). It's also a security risk at this point.

Rather than continue to bolt on additional weight onto the current platform, the new platform will be able to keep the good without carrying the weight and baggage of everything else before it. People want integration, media, content, betting, speed, mobile, etc but all of that requires system resources, adds queries, and increases overhead to an already resource-heavy framework. vBulletin is like Windows 98 SP 2, a very bloated and antiquated solution that carries the dead weight of everything before it.

There will absolutely be differences in how to accomplish certain things, but there are usually workarounds for those that are either frequent or critical. Don't hate change just because it's different, treat this like the excitement of changing from the old football mentality and staff to the new.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm all for you guys doing what needs to be done to improve the site. And I trust you to do what is best for the CF community, even if it includes changes that may take some getting used to. My only concern came when CW said that HN is already using this platform. The experience that I have on HN is quite disappointing, and not just because of the content over there. Please reassure me that you will use the new platform in a much better way than they do.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm all for you guys doing what needs to be done to improve the site. And I trust you to do what is best for the CF community, even if it includes changes that may take some getting used to. My only concern came when CW said that HN is already using this platform. The experience that I have on HN is quite disappointing, and not just because of the content over there. Please reassure me that you will use the new platform in a much better way than they do.
They've only been using it for a month or so I think, their main problem I think is there color scheme choices are terrible. I don't know who over there decided gray on white was the wave of the future but they chose poorly.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
One quick idea/question I thought of: will the new CF have a user-selectable profanity filter?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron