For those concerned about transfers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
this should put the moaning and groaning about ISU having players leave the program to rest...unless you just want to moan.

Attachments

• 57470DDB-3A5D-42FC-8E78-74C7231D1225.jpeg
    57470DDB-3A5D-42FC-8E78-74C7231D1225.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 241

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Agree. Baylor doing well...3 on the top 25 list, no transfers. Bottom line is that players transfer...Iowa State isn't all that different from the other schools.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
this should put the moaning and groaning about ISU having players leave the program to rest...unless you just want to moan.

Wow. That is a lot of transfers! What will happen if they remove the sit-out rule?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The women's game is catching up to the men's when it comes to transfers, it's just something new that long time fans will have to get used to. Same with the coaching staffs they just have to adjust to it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The women's game is catching up to the men's when it comes to transfers, it's just something new that long time fans will have to get used to. Same with the coaching staffs they just have to adjust to it.

Transfers in were a bigger thing for ISU WBB than it was to MBB 15-20 years ago. The Stacy Frese, Anne O'Neil, and Katie Robinette transfers were big deals. And at the time the Nina Smith transfer seemed like a big deal. Alexa Middleton has her one year shot to make a splash at ISU next season. If she can live up to anything close to her HS recruit ranking she can get added as one of our impact transfers.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Transfers in were a bigger thing for ISU WBB than it was to MBB 15-20 years ago. The Stacy Frese, Anne O'Neil, and Katie Robinette transfers were big deals. And at the time the Nina Smith transfer seemed like a big deal. Alexa Middleton has her one year shot to make a splash at ISU next season. If she can live up to anything close to her HS recruit ranking she can get added as one of our impact transfers.

People don't get near as wound up about transfer ins as they do outs. People get way more excited on this website when they transfer out or don't play a 5th yr when they would just rather get on with their lives.

Looking at those 4 we did really well on 2 ok on 1 and missed on a girl who got burned out of hoops.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
People don't get near as wound up about transfer ins as they do outs. People get way more excited on this website when they transfer out or don't play a 5th yr when they would just rather get on with their lives.

Looking at those 4 we did really well on 2 ok on 1 and missed on a girl who got burned out of hoops.

Also, the transfer season is hardly over for 2018. Alexa didn't announce she was leaving Tennessee till late April last year.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Unfortunately unlike the majority of teams on that transfer list you shared, ISU doesn't have another All American to plug into the transfer's place.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

Twelve transfers amongst the ESPNw top 25? Well, they have Travis Hines and the Ames Tribune beat. Those chumps stopped at "nearly double-digit" on their sources.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

What was the reason they gave that girl a pass to play right away?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Not concerned about transfers, students transfer all of the time. My problem is with the way Bill belittles his athletes. We will have to agree to disagree but Bill simply would never be good enough to coach my kid the way he treats those girls. No human should have to endure a verbal beat down playing a game. In now way, does public shaming of an athlete prepare them for life, never has never will. Bill can challenge his athletes better than he has in the past and I hope he does. I simply disagree with his approach. Tactically- Bill is as good as there is. In the community, Bill is as good as there is. :Loyalty, you could argue that no ISU coach has EVER been more loyal to this school than Bill.

I mentioned before and I will say it again, Bill is a HOF coach, he should decide when he wants to leave ISU. Does not mean he gets to treat people badly and the results of the past four years indicates that he may wish to continue to adapt.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I really am up in arms about Iowa State's transfers because none of those women are headed here. (Thank you Alexa!)

Got curious and looked to find that since the 2004-2005 season (Robinette and O'Neil) we have had only two Div 1 transfers come to ISU, Bowe for her single year in 2016-2017 and Middleton next season for her single season. Both Bowe and Middleton were sit one, play one. Wonder if the staff actively recruits transfers now that they seem to be getting more common or generally shy away from it?

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Players transferring out is not close to being ISU WBB's primary issue. It has been an inability to recruit and sign enough B12 quality players in the first place and develop them. It all goes back to Bill refusing to make necessary staff upgrades.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Not concerned about transfers, students transfer all of the time. My problem is with the way Bill belittles his athletes. We will have to agree to disagree but Bill simply would never be good enough to coach my kid the way he treats those girls. No human should have to endure a verbal beat down playing a game. In now way, does public shaming of an athlete prepare them for life, never has never will. Bill can challenge his athletes better than he has in the past and I hope he does. I simply disagree with his approach. Tactically- Bill is as good as there is. In the community, Bill is as good as there is. :Loyalty, you could argue that no ISU coach has EVER been more loyal to this school than Bill.

I mentioned before and I will say it again, Bill is a HOF coach, he should decide when he wants to leave ISU. Does not mean he gets to treat people badly and the results of the past four years indicates that he may wish to continue to adapt.

It’s about time. What took you guys so long.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Players transferring out is not close to being ISU WBB's primary issue. It has been an inability to recruit and sign enough B12 quality players in the first place and develop them. It all goes back to Bill refusing to make necessary staff upgrades.

Spot on. And treatment.