For the first time in 15 years...

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Attended the game last night with the family...obviously not the best of showing by the team. The aggravating thing was that the parts are there, yet it seems like the final product is being assembled by a 5-year-old. It gives the feeling that Prohm is flinging spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

Daughter wanted to take a sharpie to those stupid Hilton stickers and add a NOT to the "Hilton is my happy place" text. And she eats and talks ISU hoops every day...and still will no matter what happens.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
To be quite honest, after the Florida A&M game I was done with this season. I will not continue to be disappointed. We suck this year.

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
For the first time in my roughly 15 years of Cyclone fandom, I turned to a different channel tonight. As a teen who was obsessed with ISU sports I would still love to come home and love watch Craig Brackins and crew lose on a Wednesday night. I suffered through the Chizik and McDermott eras, watched us lose 77-7 to Baylor in football and get smacked countless other time. I still watched every second I could because I loved it. I’m the guy who stays until the last second because I want to see what the reserves look like and what the future holds.

Maybe it’s just me getting older, but this isn’t even fun to watch.
Whoa, 15 years. You sure are getting old.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The sad this about tonight is that the future feels so hopeless. There is nothing to look forward to.

There's always something to look forward to. Like open coaching seats this year or next at any P5 school in the southeast.

Last edited:

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
Attended the game last night with the family...obviously not the best of showing by the team. The aggravating thing was that the parts are there, yet it seems like the final product is being assembled by a 5-year-old. It gives the feeling that Prohm is flinging spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

Daughter wanted to take a sharpie to those stupid Hilton stickers and add a NOT to the "Hilton is my happy place" text. And she eats and talks ISU hoops every day...and still will no matter what happens.

Whoever came up with that should be tarred and feathered. Even before the season started.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Pollard doesnt have the guts or coldhearted businessmen like swagger too just end the Prohm era. Sure sure he fired Rhoads but also gave Kevin Jackson ungodly amount of patience for a wrestling program that has 8 NCAA titles but none since '87

Programs that lose money for the University are all the rage these days...

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think Haliburton will be back next year. As we continue to struggle and good teams take him out of the game (because he is all we have obviously) his stock will fall a little. I think he likes it here and if he doesn't get unbelievable feedback he will come back for 1 more year. He doesn't wanna go out like this.

The scouts have already seen enough... He gone.

• Winner

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It isn’t selective memory to say we’ve never had such a slide.

The whining and crying is driven by the context of an all-time best run, with all the fervor that comes with, being so quickly followed by bad play, and arguably near all-time lows like the FAMU loss, has never happened.

That, and it’s also whining and crying like there’s not a lot of reason to think it’ll get better under this staff.

We went form having the final four taken from us in 2000, to losing to a 2 seed in the opening round in 2001 to The Wayne Morgan Era, and then McD. We've seen this slide before and trust me, it can be worse.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Honest question - what "parts"? Haliburton - of course. Outside of him, there is no player that is a foundational player at this time. Conditt could get there but isn't yet. We have one really, really good player and 7-8 role players (at best). You aren't going to win many games in this league with that setup.

• Winner
Reactions: SolarGarlic

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Yeah it's been a bad yr for that motto. I actually picked up my posters for it. Good theory and most years true, but 3 straight bad losses in Hilton is sure sucking the fun out if it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
To be quite honest, after the Florida A&M game I was done with this season. I will not continue to be disappointed. We suck this year.

Well last yr it wasn't a game thread till you posted " I predict we lose". So if you stick with it you'll be right lots more often this yr (unluckily)

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Honest question - what "parts"? Haliburton - of course. Outside of him, there is no player that is a foundational player at this time. Conditt could get there but isn't yet. We have one really, really good player and 7-8 role players (at best). You aren't going to win many games in this league with that setup.

I won't disagree on the level of talent, but here is the $5M question:

Whatever level of talent you think is there, do you think CSP and staff have made the team's performance
A) BETTER
or
B) WORSE
than the level of talent?

IMHO, with average or above avg coaching this team could make it to 9-9 in conference and be a bubble team. But that is NOT the level they are playing at, by a long shot.

• Informative

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I'm excited for the future of ISU sports and think there are better days ahead, but I have to admit I'm burnt out. I'm not sure if it's the negativity on social media, lack of winning the "big games", lack of consistency, or combination of all. I think ISU sports needs to get over the hump for this fanbase in either football or basketball, just need a pick me up.

I would say that it's a combination of all of the above...aka everything you said in your very good post...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron