For NFL die hards, would you accept Coach Campbell leaving for your team?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Would you accept Matt Campbell leaving for your favorite nfl team?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Would the only time you would accept Campbell leaving, would it be if he accepted a head coaching job at your favorite NFL team? That includes people who are fans of already stable nfl teams. So it could include the Packers, Bears, Saints etc.. doesn’t have to be a team that needs a HC currently.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
No. I honestly don't believe that Campbell will be that successful in the NFL, and thus he'd end up screwing ISU and not helping the Vikings much in the process.

If I knew that next year we'd win the Big 12, and he left after that season and would lead the Vikings to a Super Bowl, I'd sign up in a heart beat.

Reactions: flynnhicks03

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There’s no accepting it or not. If it happens you have to accept it.

But I wouldn’t cheer for that team again.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why wouldn’t I accept if someone made what they thought was the right choice for them and their family?

That said, Matt Campbell isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. NFL or not.

Reactions: wgleason

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I’m torn. I think his personality would be good in Chicago if given some gm duties and time to turn things around but I don’t think people would give him enough time to make the necessary changes (nor do I think many of the nfl franchises would).

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Very interesting topic. Clonestwenty1 has his mind right and he’s become a solid presence on CF.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I would love for Matt Campbell to be at ISU for the next 20 years, but its his life and career. Other than going to EIU, I will accept whatever job he leaves for. May be disappointed, but Jamie gets paid the big bucks to hire stud football, basketball, wrestling, etc. coaches.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Campbell would be exactly what the McCaskey family would want in a football coach for the Chicago Bears. And they are the kind of organization, despite the lack of success, that has always been respected for taking care of their people. I could see CMC being tempted to take that one. And it seems like they are aligning their house cleaning with what will be Campbell's best team and season in 2021. So it could happen. But I do think that CMC is just so much better as a college coach, a lot of his talents would be wasted in the NFL.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would not be happy at all. I'm an ISU fan and a Packers fan.... but the Packers don't even come close to the Cyclones, and never will. I'm an ISU alum.... but no ties to the Packers other than my parents being from Wisconsin.

College Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL