Football Tickets Have Arrived

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Got mine last night in enemy territory (Johnson Co).

Last year I think I was about last guy on the list to get them, like a week or more after the first folks got theirs.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So the dark gray facemask in Downing's picture. Dark lighting or new facemask color?

That is not a good look IMO. That is a nearly black facemask it appears, which looks bad on our red helmet. Almost as bad as when we had blue facemasks on our red helmet in the Seneca days. Just awful.

The ONLY thing I'd ever be ok with these facemasks on is a black helmet. What will we do next, add our gold helmet and put this black facemask on it? I'd stand outside JP's office with a sign protesting that if it ever happened. We are not black and gold, period!

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
It appears they messed up on mailing out some of the kids' hillside passes. My son got a kid's pass that I assume is just before him in the alphabet. My daughter ended up with my son's pass, and I'm guessing the person after my daughter in the alphabet got her pass. Curious how they are going to fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
It appears they messed up on mailing out some of the kids' hillside passes. My son got a kid's pass that I assume is just before him in the alphabet. My daughter ended up with my son's pass, and I'm guessing the person after my daughter in the alphabet got her pass. Curious how they are going to fix it.
Sorry to hear this. Better call/email the ticket office ASAP if you have not already. I bet your kids are bummed.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
Sorry to hear this. Better call/email the ticket office ASAP if you have not already. I bet your kids are bummed.
I plan on doing that tomorrow. My kids are old enough where I can rationally explain what happened, so they don't care. I feel bad for the ticket office or the Jr. Cyclone Club because this is going to be a huge headache for them.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Have they announced how many season tickets have been sold?
Last week I went to the ISU ticket site and counted up season tickets available from the ticketmaster site. I counted 1292. Now that will not take into account season tickets no longer available due to sales of mini packs which are all in the end zone corner sections and obviously seats that are held back for the opposing teams. I also skipped the End Zone Club tickets Which has 58 available.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm curious why.
relocation's and the ability to travel back for every game. The investment did not make sense. Will probably end up at most games, just the locked in commitment that follows with ticket cost and donation was taking it's toll.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
relocation's and the ability to travel back for every game. The investment did not make sense. Will probably end up at most games, just the locked in commitment that follows with ticket cost and donation was taking it's toll.

I understand. I'm too far from Ames to attend games also but still a fan and watch on tv as often as possible. If they could figure out a way for it to not be winter from November to April I might move back.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Last week I went to the ISU ticket site and counted up season tickets available from the ticketmaster site. I counted 1292. Now that will not take into account season tickets no longer available due to sales of mini packs which are all in the end zone corner sections and obviously seats that are held back for the opposing teams. I also skipped the End Zone Club tickets Which has 58 available.

That's interesting. I'm guessing ISU doesn't announce the number publicly. I live in CoMO and Missouri announced 21,000 season tickets sold which is down from around 40,000 in the final year of the Big 12. The grass isn't always greener.

• Informative
Reactions: beentherebefore

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I understand. I'm too far from Ames to attend games also but still a fan and watch on tv as often as possible. If they could figure out a way for it to not be winter from November to April I might move back.
yep, I myself will probably leave for further south in the near future too, tired of the Winter as well.....

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That's interesting. I'm guessing ISU doesn't announce the number publicly. I live in CoMO and Missouri announced 21,000 season tickets sold which is down from around 40,000 in the final year of the Big 12. The grass isn't always greener.
I can't say how they do the math all I can say is what I counted as available in each section that is sold to donors and the general public.
Missouri really has some problems right now.