Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I'm also interested. We will be choosing our parking spot near the end of the Cardinal level (~1100/1300 in that group) and am wondering if we'll have any chance at a paved spot.

Two years ago we were #1114/1343 in cardinal and there were about 250 spots left at c1/c2. I'm worried about getting that this year. Crossing fingers to not end up in g6. We really like the hilton spots, far fewer people around individual tailgates and far fewer tailgates taking up 2-3-4 spots.

Update - I'm now #781/1336 just two years later so that has renewed some optimism

Last edited:
Reactions: LeaningCy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two years ago we were about #1114/1343 in cardinal and there were about 250 spots left at c1/c2. I'm worried about getting that this year. Crossing fingers to not end up in g6. We really like the hilton spots, far fewer people around individual tailgates and far fewer tailgates taking up 2-3-4 spots
You should badmouth it then, lol. Not doing yourself any favors saying good things. ;).

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
You should badmouth it then, lol. Not doing yourself any favors saying good things. ;).
Cadinal donors can take A1,B1,C3 if those folks in higher levels opt for C1/C2. In fact, some C1/C2 spots have already been claimed by the varsity level donors based on the inventory using the preview button.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Cadinal donors can take A1,B1,C3 if those folks in higher levels opt for C1/C2. In fact, some C1/C2 spots have already been claimed by the varsity level donors based on the inventory using the preview button.
Ooohhhhh.....reverse psychology....I get it. Trying to get yourself a c5 or something.

Reactions: 8bitnes

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I’m trying to decide. Was G7 (moved there from A2) a few years ago but got tired of the mud. Looking to go into the area by Hilton. We left A2 because we had a kid in youth football and would show up right before games. People got mad when you wanted to park in one of their 4 tailgating spots and many times wouldn’t even move out of the driveway for you. When they did, they would yell, come sooner next time. Didn’t realize we had so many douchey fans until then. G7 we never had those problems, and now have no youth football situation.

I wonder if they have considered designating certain lots by arrival time? My nieces are in paved lots D4 and C4 and while they only take one spot, it gets a little nerve racking corralling the little kids when the giant pickup trucks come barreling in 45 minutes before game time.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
For the '22 football season they're redoing G7 and the field south of it into a 300+ RV park with electrical hookups and actual pads. That coincides with the completion of the bridge across University and I suspect it will free up a ton of auto parking on pavement. Should all but eliminate the need to relocate donor parking due to soggy ground.
I believe that is in the plan. Get the Ped bridge built. Make desirable parking for RV, With power and a reserved spot for the season. RV will be Captains level and up. (Gold level RV parking pretty much gone now) That clears the way for the entertainment district and donor car parking.
Do you happen to know how many RV spots there currently are? I was under the assumption there would be a ton more RV spots in the new lot than there are now. We are looking at getting a travel trailer in the future and hoped to get a RV spot when it opens. If currently only Captains and up have a shot at the current boondock spots, it will be impossible for anyone else to have a shot at an RV spot once the lot moves and electrical hookups are available. We are Gold members.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Two years ago we were #1114/1343 in cardinal and there were about 250 spots left at c1/c2. I'm worried about getting that this year. Crossing fingers to not end up in g6. We really like the hilton spots, far fewer people around individual tailgates and far fewer tailgates taking up 2-3-4 spots.

Update - I'm now #781/1336 just two years later so that has renewed some optimism
Probably not when you consider others upped their level and they have to expand higher level lots.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I wonder if they have considered designating certain lots by arrival time? My nieces are in paved lots D4 and C4 and while they only take one spot, it gets a little nerve racking corralling the little kids when the giant pickup trucks come barreling in 45 minutes before game time.
I've tailgated in B4 for many, many years with close friends, and I'm always somewhat amused and a little bit annoyed by the people who drive the enormous trucks, some of them "duallies". And usually with just one or two people in it, hell they could have driven the Audi or Benz and avoided the hassle of getting stuck at the end, unable to turn around due to an endless flow of people. If you have to drive one of those battleships, come early to get a berth.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think it was an Iowa grad that allowed for people to turn left coming out of G7 which was a total cluster $uck! I know it used to a be a right turn only and one lane was just for cars coming out of the haunted forest lot and G7. That seemed to be the best as traffic was always moving as they alternated each car coming out of the two lots. Days games are easy as people tend to stay later to avoid traffic. Night games is when it turns into chaos. Living in Ames and you get a lot of rain in couple days prior, we tend to find alternative parking.

I remember that, and agree with you!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've tailgated in B4 for many, many years with close friends, and I'm always somewhat amused and a little bit annoyed by the people who drive the enormous trucks, some of them "duallies". And usually with just one or two people in it, hell they could have driven the Audi or Benz and avoided the hassle of getting stuck at the end, unable to turn around due to an endless flow of people. If you have to drive one of those battleships, come early to get a berth.

To be honest though, the parking lot entries are set up poorly. We've been in A3 for a long time. When you close off the aisles that enter the main driveway, a) people who park on those ends get lots more space in the aisle than they should due to the barricades and b) when one enters an aisle and there are no spots, they have to turn down a "dead end" aisle to hopefully find a spot.

Every aisle should be open.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Yep especially when they aren’t tailgating.

Those giant trucks in MU ramp make it hard to even drive through

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Make friends with a District 1 or Iowa DOT maintenance staffer and you'll never have trouble finding a parking place
My uncle worked at that location and my Dad works at the Mason City office. My Dad would routinely park there for game days:campbell:

psychlones

Jun 13, 2006
Ames, IA
My uncle worked at that location and my Dad works at the Mason City office. My Dad would routinely park there for game days:campbell:
Seems like a long walk from the Mason City office, but whatever works for him.

:jimlad:

And by the way, is the jimlad image link broken for others, or is it just me? :D