Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Technically, if you have a pass for a section, you can park there regardless of when you arrive. However, realistically, some fans (oh no!) "claim" extra spaces and are surly about giving up "their" space to later arrivals. Some of the games they have had staff "guides" that walk you down the lanes and move people out of the way so that you can reach a parking space. It's a crap shoot, but if you're wanting to park fast and can walk fast the outer lots are probably a better bet.

There's not much that's more stressful than arriving for a game about an hour before and trying to find a spot in the permit lots. Which is why I don't use them if I'm not tailgating.

That's the ONE thing that I will miss from last year. Parking was a dream.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
C-1 has an easy out exit to Lincoln Way.

Last edited:

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
I've always found C1/C2 (Hilton) to be the sweet spot in the house (that is if you're not near the top of Gold, or Captain and above). Paved lots, not congested, and just about every possible row of parking in those sections has level grass and sidewalk areas available to spread out and play games.

This is good to know! My biggest fear from moving out of G6 is giving up the grass area. We always try to get a select few of the spaces just East of the VBall courts. But if there is additional space in C1/2 I will have to see if that space is still open on my selection date. Paved space would be nice.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is good to know! My biggest fear from moving out of G6 is giving up the grass area. We always try to get a select few of the spaces just East of the VBall courts. But if there is additional space in C1/2 I will have to see if that space is still open on my selection date. Paved space would be nice.
I was thinking they were going to move RVs to G7 in the near future. Unsure if they are going to pave or gravel it. So, the G lots may get changed around soon. Would guess that the RV lots then would become auto parking.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was thinking they were going to move RVs to G7 in the near future. Unsure if they are going to pave or gravel it. So, the G lots may get changed around soon. Would guess that the RV lots then would become auto parking.
Unless they really REALLY improve(d) the drainage on that field, there are far too many times when there is no way in hell I would park a heavy RV on it. Good way to get stuck up to the hubcaps...

Reactions: Triggermv

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
For the '22 football season they're redoing G7 and the field south of it into a 300+ RV park with electrical hookups and actual pads. That coincides with the completion of the bridge across University and I suspect it will free up a ton of auto parking on pavement. Should all but eliminate the need to relocate donor parking due to soggy ground.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
As cheap bastards still helping pay for two students, we are not donors so the GP parking is just a trip with two Hawk games this year.

We don’t care about tailgating these two games at all, just need a place to leave the car.

We try to go around central campus to miss some of the activities near stadium. Just a crazy number of people tailgating that don’t have tickets. The porta potty level is always insufficient.

Had no idea how many people tailgate out by the green houses until the band gate game. I know the East parking deck is always rocking. Wish JP would get some more porta potties over that direction, they have several by East parking deck but that is pretty close to MU anyway. Not sure I want to know where the greenhouse groups relieve themselves.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
As cheap bastards still helping pay for two students, we are not donors so the GP parking is just a trip with two Hawk games this year.

We don’t care about tailgating these two games at all, just need a place to leave the car.

We try to go around central campus to miss some of the activities near stadium. Just a crazy number of people tailgating that don’t have tickets. The porta potty level is always insufficient.

Had no idea how many people tailgate out by the green houses until the band gate game. I know the East parking deck is always rocking. Wish JP would get some more porta potties over that direction, they have several by East parking deck but that is pretty close to MU anyway. Not sure I want to know where the greenhouse groups relieve themselves.

We leave our cars at the gateway. It’s about a mile walk to the stadium and longer if you roam around the tailgate lots like we do, but if you are up for a stroll it’s a nice way to go. My parents always stay there before or after games but it’s not like they check cars. The only time I’ve seen the lot full was 2 years ago against Iowa.

Reactions: carvers4math

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Unless they really REALLY improve(d) the drainage on that field, there are far too many times when there is no way in hell I would park a heavy RV on it. Good way to get stuck up to the hubcaps...

I'm in this camp. Hookups are great and all, but unless they seriously address the ground situation by paving the whole thing or something somewhat comparable with gravel or whatever, RV parking down there is nothing but a disaster waiting to happen and does not interest me. No level of anything is worth the potential of me getting stuck in the mud down there with an RV. Screw that.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I saw a number of vans get bogged down after the Iowa game in 2019. You are right about the drainage, at least in spots near the exit road.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I saw a number of vans get bogged down after the Iowa game in 2019. You are right about the drainage, at least in spots near the exit road.
If they are spending $10mil on the bridge Im pretty confident that they will make the RV road/parking suitable. JP isnt going to want to get angry phone calls from high level donors about stuck RVs.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We leave our cars at the gateway. It’s about a mile walk to the stadium and longer if you roam around the tailgate lots like we do, but if you are up for a stroll it’s a nice way to go. My parents always stay there before or after games but it’s not like they check cars. The only time I’ve seen the lot full was 2 years ago against Iowa.

Thanks, that’s a thought. We got in at the green houses for the Game Day game and then just hung around in the MU to watch the Game Day opening before we wandered over to the stadium. Some of the grass lot closed games we parked in MU ramp which is cheaper than stadium lots but kind of lengthy process to get out. Frankly we are happiest in the calm of Vet Med with light tailgating but didn’t get in there much two years ago when they kept moving grass donor lot people in there.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
If they are spending $10mil on the bridge Im pretty confident that they will make the RV road/parking suitable. JP isnt going to want to get angry phone calls from high level donors about stuck RVs.
Totally agree! Updates and construction have certainly gotten away from "on the cheap" as I remember most being over the years. And JP continues to work to make the high-level donors get more for their money.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

If they do anything with the same sort of care they gave to the rebuilding of the intramural fields, the new RV lots will be fine, particularly as they are designing it for RV's (aka big donors).

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If they do anything with the same sort of care they gave to the rebuilding of the intramural fields, the new RV lots will be fine, particularly as they are designing it for RV's (aka big donors).
I had forgotten about the proposed RV parking pads. :oops:
Hopefully they will have paved or heavily graveled driving surfaces as well.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Think that may be part of it. At least rocking it would help.