Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Considering getting season tickets for the first time and was looking at the mobile passes. Is there any correlation between when you buy the mobile passes and how good the seats you are assigned are?

There is no correlation between when you buy and how good the seats are. When I did mobile pass 2 years ago, I do think there was a difference with how quickly you claimed your seats when they were available. I can't stay if thats actually true but that was my experience. You buy your mobile passes, then 24 hours before the game you have to claim your "seats" then like 6-12 hours before the game you actually get your seat assignments.

I heard they switched mobile vendors last year so that could have all changed last year.

Reactions: cykee05

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Considering getting season tickets for the first time and was looking at the mobile passes. Is there any correlation between when you buy the mobile passes and how good the seats you are assigned are?
Maybe. We ended up sitting near one couple several times in 2017...who just happened to sit in front of us for the first 7 or 8 years that we had season tickets. It may have been the timing of ticket purchase, or it may have just been coincidence.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
There is no correlation between when you buy and how good the seats are. When I did mobile pass 2 years ago, I do think there was a difference with how quickly you claimed your seats when they were available. I can't stay if thats actually true but that was my experience. You buy your mobile passes, then 24 hours before the game you have to claim your "seats" then like 6-12 hours before the game you actually get your seat assignments.

I heard they switched mobile vendors last year so that could have all changed last year.
Last year you saw the seat numbers before you claimed them.

• Informative
Reactions: jdcyclone19

Dress Slacks

Jan 7, 2018
Overland Park, KS
Do you know if your company actually gives additional $ to ISU, or if they are already corporate sponsors of ISU, ISU allows your company to declare portions of their sponsorship as employee match? For example say your company writes ISU a check for $50k each year, then you write a check for $500 and your company "matches" it, does your company write another $500 check on top of the $50k?

I could see that being a good benefit ISU offers to its sponsors. Makes the company look good to their employees and ISU gets the bigger corporate checks.

No. I work for a very large global medical company. No reason they would be regular corporate sponsors. I go to my on line benefit portal and fill out a document that I submit both to my company as well as ISU. From there after any internal confirmation, the company matches my donation. Pretty slick.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyientist

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Question about Seat Selection in May:

I've had Jr. Cyclone Clubs + Parent Passes for quite a few years now, but this is the first year joining the "Cyclone Club" to get a few additional season tickets. Considering this is year 1 for me racking up points, am I actually guaranteed to be able to select seats in the sections labeled according to my donation level? Or is season ticket demand high enough that without a lot of points accumulated I'll get bumped to lower donation sections, no matter if I get into the seat selection portal right away or not?

Just trying to gauge expectations here and how worth it the donation levels may be. Thanks in advance!

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Question about Seat Selection in May:

I've had Jr. Cyclone Clubs + Parent Passes for quite a few years now, but this is the first year joining the "Cyclone Club" to get a few additional season tickets. Considering this is year 1 for me racking up points, am I actually guaranteed to be able to select seats in the sections labeled according to my donation level? Or is season ticket demand high enough that without a lot of points accumulated I'll get bumped to lower donation sections, no matter if I get into the seat selection portal right away or not?

Just trying to gauge expectations here and how worth it the donation levels may be. Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the high end dontions seats but they don’t sell out season tickets unless it’s the SEZ club. You’ll probably sit in the middle or up in your donation section.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Now have till April 30:

AMES, Iowa - Due to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the Cyclone Club Office and the ISU Athletics Ticket Office will be closed until further notice.

As a result, we have decided to extend the annual Cyclone Club donation and football season ticket renewal deadline to Thursday, April 30.

This will also push back the annual parking and seating selection process to later this spring and early summer (more details to come on each particular process).

In the meantime, we strongly encourage all donors and season ticket holders to complete your annual donation and ticket renewal online by following this link.

Within your online account manager, you may print or email all invoices as well as pay in full or set-up payment plans for donations and tickets. In addition, the on-sale date for standard Tailgate Tents is May 1, and the on-sale for auxiliary Tailgate Tents will be June 1.

While our offices are closed to all in-person visitors, both email and phone messages will be returned as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding with this unprecedented situation.

https://cyclones.com/news/2020/3/16...son-ticket-renewals.aspx#.Xm_kwSFDmaw.twitter

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We got Moderna round one this morning...WE WILL BE IN JACK TRICE THIS FALL!!!!

Probably will be wearing masks still, but if they're allowing fans and no fresh hell breaks loose, I'm ready for some live football. Can't wait!

My parents are just about to get their second one and also expressed great joy in getting into Jack Trice this fall! They both spent a lot of time lamenting the absolutely perfect fall weather this year and the fact that harvest went smoothly and my Dad could have easily made it to all of the games, unlike in 2019 when he could only make 2. I suppose this means that the fall will be hot, wet, and cold with the only perfect harvest days the Saturdays of home games ;). But we'll survive.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My parents are just about to get their second one and also expressed great joy in getting into Jack Trice this fall! They both spent a lot of time lamenting the absolutely perfect fall weather this year and the fact that harvest went smoothly and my Dad could have easily made it to all of the games, unlike in 2019 when he could only make 2. I suppose this means that the fall will be hot, wet, and cold with the only perfect harvest days the Saturdays of home games ;). But we'll survive.
I don't care if there's a foot of snow at the home opener...I'll be in JTS!!! :D

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Hoping the hard downward trend in case and the hard upward trend in vaccinations continues.

Those players deserve a full stadium all year after delivering the best season in school history. Hopefully by the beginning of September, it can happen.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I should know this since I've had season tickets for like 20 years, but isn't having renewals and new season ticket sales start on the same day new? Don't they normally give renewals like a month before they open it up to everyone?

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
I should know this since I've had season tickets for like 20 years, but isn't having renewals and new season ticket sales start on the same day new? Don't they normally give renewals like a month before they open it up to everyone?

You’re right, but renewals are also usually in February. Looks like those got pushed back for some reason vs new sales getting pulled forward.