Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Its crazy to know how good we have it as ISU fans parking wise for our stadium. I've been to a TON of different FBS college football stadiums to games, including a few pro ones, and I've never found any of them that rival the setup we have at ISU, and certainly none in the Big 12. K-State might be the closest. Our number of both paved and non-paved lots in such close proximity to the field is nuts, as we've been blessed with space galore due to the stadiums location when built. Shoot, compare us to more urban-center stadiums like Nebraska and Iowa, and the comparison isn't even remotely close. While not the only factor, it is one of the biggest as to why our tailgating environment is so good and widespread. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there, as whenever I even think or talk about ISU parking and any changes being made, its good to keep everything in perspective. From a logistical standpoint as well, we are also #1 in getting people out in a timely manner at the end of games. I'd rather slit my throat than try to navigate back to Cedar Rapids again after a Hawkeye game in Iowa City. We truly are spoiled.

FYI.... I'm also grateful to have an AD that embraces the tailgating experience rather than trying to stifle it

Last edited:

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Do nearby houses do the Hawkeye thing and park cars on their lawns?
Not that I know of. And be careful if you park on the street. They have time limits for parking and fines are higher on football weekends. READ the signs or pay the price.

That being said, there are alternatives to the parking lots if you keep your eyes and ears open.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not that I know of. And be careful if you park on the street. They have time limits for parking and fines are higher on football weekends. READ the signs or pay the price.

That being said, there are alternatives to the parking lots if you keep your eyes and ears open.
I’ve always had a pass. Was just curious if people did that.

Reactions: EIClone

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Its crazy to know how good we have it as ISU fans parking wise for our stadium. I've been to a TON of different FBS college football stadiums to games, including a few pro ones, and I've never found any of them that rival the setup we have at ISU, and certainly none in the Big 12. K-State might be the closest. Our number of both paved and non-paved lots in such close proximity to the field is nuts, as we've been blessed with space galore due to the stadiums location when built. Shoot, compare us to more urban-center stadiums like Nebraska and Iowa, and the comparison isn't even remotely close. While not the only factor, it is one of the biggest as to why our tailgating environment is so good and widespread. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there, as whenever I even think or talk about ISU parking and any changes being made, its good to keep everything in perspective. From a logistical standpoint as well, we are also #1 in getting people out in a timely manner at the end of games. I'd rather split my throat than try to navigate back to Cedar Rapids again after a Hawkeye game in Iowa City. We truly are spoiled.
I went to a game at Camp Randall and was sorely disappointed by the pre-game festivities. No true tailgating (or space for it) and the area bars all charge significant cover fees for those wanting to grossly overpay for a Bud Light tall boy. And the houses around there also pack cars onto their yards as tight as possible for $20-$50 per vehicle. Of course, you have to wait for the vehicle behind you to leave before you can. Assuming they ever do.

Reactions: Triggermv

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Things will get better next year with the additional spaces opened up when the RV lot gets moved, plus with the new lots going in around Scheman and Fisher Theater.

And G7 potentially being expanded further south (where the east practice fields are now) to make up for lost space due to the RV park. The RV park drawings include a fair amount of open green space to the south.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hoping they fill up fast in the new RV lots and let us keep using some of the D-lots too.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I went to a game at Camp Randall and was sorely disappointed by the pre-game festivities. No true tailgating (or space for it) and the area bars all charge significant cover fees for those wanting to grossly overpay for a Bud Light tall boy. And the houses around there also pack cars onto their yards as tight as possible for $20-$50 per vehicle. Of course, you have to wait for the vehicle behind you to leave before you can. Assuming they ever do.

I would just park in a ramp near the bookstore. But agree, pre game festivities were a letdown.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Its crazy to know how good we have it as ISU fans parking wise for our stadium. I've been to a TON of different FBS college football stadiums to games, including a few pro ones, and I've never found any of them that rival the setup we have at ISU, and certainly none in the Big 12. K-State might be the closest. Our number of both paved and non-paved lots in such close proximity to the field is nuts, as we've been blessed with space galore due to the stadiums location when built. Shoot, compare us to more urban-center stadiums like Nebraska and Iowa, and the comparison isn't even remotely close. While not the only factor, it is one of the biggest as to why our tailgating environment is so good and widespread. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there, as whenever I even think or talk about ISU parking and any changes being made, its good to keep everything in perspective. From a logistical standpoint as well, we are also #1 in getting people out in a timely manner at the end of games. I'd rather slit my throat than try to navigate back to Cedar Rapids again after a Hawkeye game in Iowa City. We truly are spoiled.

FYI.... I'm also grateful to have an AD that embraces the tailgating experience rather than trying to stifle it
I think part of the reason is that the parking lots, unlike the stadium itself, are used throughout the year for student and other activities parking. Football, basketball, wrestling, all the Hilton sports and cultural events at Stephens and meetings/conferences at Scheman use portions of the same lots because the buildings themselves were designed to be in close proximity. Thus, the Iowa State Center name.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I went to a couple ISU games in Boulder in the 90s and they have no tailgating vibe at all. However, you sure can smell the pre-game hippie lettuce!

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

When my wife (girlfriend at the time) lived over off Lincoln east of Jack Trice I would park in the driveway of her house and walk over.

I got a ticket for parking in the driveway, because I was a little bit over the sidewalk. It was the Iowa game, and I don't think I was the only one with a ticket on the street . . .

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
First time season ticket holder. Does anyone have any pros/cons for A3 vs B5 vs C5?

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC