Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Now is shows my level and place with in my level.
Thanks

Is the only way to increase your place within your current giving level to leave that level by increasing your donation to the next level or if you just give a bit more will you bump up?

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Is the only way to increase your place within your current giving level to leave that level by increasing your donation to the next level or if you just give a bit more will you bump up?
There is a system of priority points, but donation amount is a big one. But how many tickets and for how many years and for how many sports moves one up within a donor level, too.

So the points level--as I understand it--matters when you get to select seats and parking location.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
There is a system of priority points, but donation amount is a big one. But how many tickets and for how many years and for how many sports moves one up within a donor level, too.

So the points level--as I understand it--matters when you get to select seats and parking location.

You're correct that donation amount is a big one. What I don't know for sure is if the amount within a giving level makes a big enough difference.
Assuming we are currently buying all the tickets we need. If we want to move ahead of let's say a couple hundred others in a particular giving level to get better bowl/big 12 type tickets then the only way to guarantee that would be to go to the next level because throwing a few hundred bucks may help but it won't make a big jump right?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities

You're correct on all your points except for the quantity of tickets doesn't make a difference with your priority points.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Except ours shows we are in our new level, but puts our numerical standing within our group in the previous level we were in. We show as "captains", and 500-something out of 1000-something Gold.
Our page has now been updated to show our standing in our new level. :)

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
We upped our donation level this year, and it is at the minimum amount for that level, yet somehow I am 300 places from the bottom of my donor level. That seems odd.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Where do you see your level and ranking within the level?

That info had disappeared when they switched to a new system last year, and I still don't see that anywhere in my own profile.
As soon as you log in to your account--if they have your account updated.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
We upped our donation level this year, and it is at the minimum amount for that level, yet somehow I am 300 places from the bottom of my donor level. That seems odd.
Not really. You have enough points in your previous level to place you above those folks in your new level.
Go Cyclones
Also, Cyclone Club donations last year earned 3x the priority points. I paid my 2021 donation at the end of last year to get that bonus.