Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
No mini-packs or they will be offered but not include UNI and Iowa this year. Letter from JP.

Thank you for your continued support of our football program. The passion and enthusiasm for Cyclone football is at an all-time high. It is very exciting to see the “Process” rewarding the loyal and die-hard Cyclone fans who have been committed to this program for so many years. Thank you for sticking with us!

We have so much to look forward to as we begin planning for the 2019 football season. The new $90M sports performance center will break ground this spring. We will host seven home games this fall, including the first three, and four of the first five. The schedule will provide an incredible opportunity to start the season strong.

Most importantly, we extended Coach Campbell’s contract and provided him an additional $1M in funding to retain his staff. That brings our commitment to his staff to more than $2.2M in the last year. We are fortunate to be in a position to make those type of commitments, and we did that, in part, based on the feedback we have received from you.

I share that background because our administrative staff recently met to discuss how we continue to fund these investments (facilities, staffing, recruiting, etc.). Because approximately 50% of our funding comes from ticket sales and donations, we are adjusting football ticket pricing for 2019. Football season ticket prices will increase by $25 per season ticket, or $3.50 per game.

We do not take the decision to increase prices lightly. We have challenged ourselves to “ask for what we NEED, not what we can get.” That has been a priority of our administration for the past 15 years and is what we believe separates us from many of our peers. It is one of the reasons we have been able to maintain incredible attendance, even during the tough times.

In closing, I want to thank you, again, for your continued investment in our program. We are in this together and we look forward to sharing additional exciting times with you in the future.

Go Cyclones!

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics

P.S. Please note, mini packs including the Iowa and UNI games will not be offered this year.

Reactions: capitalcityguy

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Between budgeting, saving for other, more important things, and the fact that we struggled getting to games last year, probably not renewing this year.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Free? Please do share lol
mail

Thank you for your continued support of Cyclone Football. As a small token of our appreciation for your patience with the weather related closure of parking lot G7 for many of the home football games in the 2018 football season, we are offering you a complimentary parking pass ($50 value) for the 2019 football season. Please note you will still need to renew your football season tickets (the complimentary parking pass will be listed on your ticket renewal) and Cyclone Club membership for 2019.

This will not have any effect on your Cyclone Club priority points, and you will still have the ability to choose from all available parking lots during your parking lot selection appointment in April or May.

Please take a look at the 2019 Football Parking Map as there are additional parking lots (including C1 & C2) available this season. Thank you again for your support!

Go Cyclones!

Cyclone Club Staff

raw

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
mail

Thank you for your continued support of Cyclone Football. As a small token of our appreciation for your patience with the weather related closure of parking lot G7 for many of the home football games in the 2018 football season, we are offering you a complimentary parking pass ($50 value) for the 2019 football season. Please note you will still need to renew your football season tickets (the complimentary parking pass will be listed on your ticket renewal) and Cyclone Club membership for 2019.

This will not have any effect on your Cyclone Club priority points, and you will still have the ability to choose from all available parking lots during your parking lot selection appointment in April or May.

Please take a look at the 2019 Football Parking Map as there are additional parking lots (including C1 & C2) available this season. Thank you again for your support!

Go Cyclones!

Cyclone Club Staff

raw

Dang, I shouldn't have wait until this year to buy a parking pass.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
That was a solid move by JP for the G7 lot holders. I was bumped from G6 to G7 last year so I was already bummed about that, then G7 was closed for what seemed to be half the games. I was not happy about the long walks to backside of VetMed (mainly because of the inconvenience for my older parents and getting a 5 and 2 yr old there). That said, I'll probably up my donation this year to try to avoid G7 all together.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
That made sense years ago with mediocre football but I'm puzzled why it persists now. Our fan support outpaced the quality of the football product for years, so maybe it's just going to take a few years of sustained success in order to make that next jump in terms of ticket demand. Or maybe we've got a solid core of 55-60K attendance for games but it won't grow beyond that for the same reasons attendance is shrinking elsewhere in the country - ticket costs, concession prices, every game is on HDTV now, etc.

<-- there's 3 legit reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and Trice