Football Parking Selection

Hill4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 25, 2009
Minneapolis
And "they" do the choosing of the RV spots. You can make requests, but the Cyclone Club makes the assignments.

Welcome @Hill4Cy. Assuming you are on the "lower" end of the donation levels to get into the RV Village which means you will be on the south half. Last year, we were in #900. Join us for poker on Friday nights if you want.
We will def stop by. We did increase our donation level beyond the min but I am sure we will be near the bottom. We will def stop by. Looking forward to the electric hookups and not having to cue up for a spot, that is for sure. Looking forward to meeting more weekend warriors.

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
We will def stop by. We did increase our donation level beyond the min but I am sure we will be near the bottom. We will def stop by. Looking forward to the electric hookups and not having to cue up for a spot, that is for sure. Looking forward to meeting more weekend warriors.
Its has turned into our favorite part of the year honestly. We live in Omaha so getting to Ames on Friday and camping for the weekend and seeing friends, with a bonus football game, is fantastic!

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
And "they" do the choosing of the RV spots. You can make requests, but the Cyclone Club makes the assignments.

Welcome @Hill4Cy. Assuming you are on the "lower" end of the donation levels to get into the RV Village which means you will be on the south half. Last year, we were in #900. Join us for poker on Friday nights if you want.
For future reference, what level does it take to gain entrance to the RV Village as of 2023? We've talked about taking the plunge, getting a toy-hauler-driver for my motorcycle trips and having it for football, too. The price of entry for a motorhome is staggering enough, and then adding that recurring ding that makes me uncomfortable. I've got plenty of space on the homestead to "store" it, although I'm not sure the HOA would like a 33' sitting next to my garage all the time...:D

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
For future reference, what level does it take to gain entrance to the RV Village as of 2023? We've talked about taking the plunge, getting a toy-hauler-driver for my motorcycle trips and having it for football, too. The price of entry for a motorhome is staggering enough, and then adding that recurring ding that makes me uncomfortable. I've got plenty of space on the homestead to "store" it, although I'm not sure the HOA would like a 33' sitting next to my garage all the time...:D
$4,000 to get in there. $3,750 donation and the season pass in $250.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Enough to get a building named after you....

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
$4,000 to get in there. $3,750 donation and the season pass in $250.
And if you only need 2 football tickets and/or 2 men's basketball tickets (or don't get any) you might be able to find someone that would pay part of the donation to be able to get better seats with you.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
One business day later, there are 462 spots south of hilton plus all the G6 slots were picked too. So about 400 slots were picked on Friday. South of Hilton will likely be gone early Tuesday and C1/C2 by Wednesday afternoon. Anyone picking Friday or later will likely be getting vetmed

Looks like 292 spots were selected today, below expected but could be attributed to holiday. Below is what remains. Projections above remain quite accurate.
Screenshot_20230619-182218-594.png

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Interesting that people are shying away from D3

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Is there really over 700 parking spots in Vet Med? Even if they use the lot clear back by the large animal hospital, that seems like a ton.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
Saying you’re scared is a bit melodramatic, wouldn’t you say? It’s not as if the only lot left is in Story City or Clear Lake. You’re going to be fine.
With this year's parking situation Story City might be the only option :eek:. I don't feel relaxed till my truck is in the spot, chair is on the ground, and beer is in my hand.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
With this year's parking situation Story City might be the only option :eek:. I don't feel relaxed till my truck is in the spot, chair is on the ground, and beer is in my hand.
I prefer in my truck, beer in hand, find parking spot, set up chair, 2nd beer in hand.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
As of noon today, C3 is apparently sold out, D3 still has openings but will likely sell out soon.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
As of noon today, C3 is apparently sold out, D3 still has openings but will likely sell out soon.
I'm surprised D3 did not fill up sooner. It's brand new. Maybe the location being farther to walk?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'm surprised D3 did not fill up sooner. It's brand new. Maybe the location being farther to walk?
It's also the new parking space configuration isn't it?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's also the new parking space configuration isn't it?
yes it is. I'm guessing the folks that like to back up to the grass are not selecting it because of the deep slope to the water drainage.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
yes it is. I'm guessing the folks that like to back up to the grass are not selecting it because of the deep slope to the water drainage.
It's actually not set up too badly. Only one entrance drive though. Drainage looks well handled around it. But any grass isn't really going to have time to establish itself before the season. Good thing is they raised the level of the lot up at least 10 to 12 feet. Highest elevation lot, at least this year.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm surprised 17 people have selected Vet Med already.. hope a few more do so I can sneak into C1/C2 tomorrow.

Help Support Us

Become a patron