Football Intro Music?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NKClone

Apr 18, 2006
I'm going to show my age, but here are a couple of songs with great beginnings:

Lay Your Hands on Me - Bon Jovi

Children of the Sun - Billy Thorpe

Enter Sandman - Metallica

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcypal @ 06-16-06 10:44 pm) [post=4774]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> Seriosuly..........

Everyone go check out "Right Here, Right Now" by Fat Boy Slim. It would go great with the Cyclone Sirens and can you imagine the whole stadium screaming in unison RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! It would be awesome [/b][/quote]

THAT WOULD BLOW THEM AWAY.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
first of all, no van halen.....if we're trying to create a new image we need something NEW! and why the hell did we get rid of lincoln park for basketball.....that was awesome intro

goonies_89

Apr 12, 2006
I think we should do Cowboys from Hell by Pantera. That would get Jack Trice moving and make it an uncomfortable place for any away team to play in

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 @ 06-28-06 12:08 am) [post=5863]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> I think we should do Cowboys from Hell by Pantera. That would get Jack Trice moving and make it an uncomfortable place for any away team to play in [/b][/quote]

Close....I'd go with "Walk" by Pantera.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
How about that awesome remake of "Johnny be Good" by Judas Preist...? That had some awesome lyrics and it was on the soundtrack of the Hollywood Football movie Johnny b good???

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
Another idea I would like to see in relation to the team taking the field and the intro music would be to intermix classic ISU moments on the video board as the music is jammin', perhaps even intermix PT's or JW's play calling into the song, I've seen this at a couple other stadiums, and it is pretty cool. Now some curmudgeons would ask what great highlights could they show throughout ISU history? One day when I shoulda been thinking about something important with my work, I was rounding up great moments in my head.... such as...

- Seneca's run vs. Texas Tech

- Seneca's scramble vs. FSU (even though we lost the game)

- Any of the great plays in the 4th quarter at K-State in '04 that busted the game open

- footage of Troy Davis making fools of defenses

- Sage to L. Danielsen at Oky State in '00 (that was friggin huge)

- J'Maine Billups TD retun vs. Pitt in the insight bowl

- JJ Moses going to the house on the first possesion at Iowa in '00

- Blythe scorching texas a&m last year

- Any of Darren Davis' long scampers vs. Iowa in '98

- the punt block to start the '98 game vs. Iowa, perhaps the most monumental play in the most monumental game in D Mac's history at that point in his career as an ISU coach....

- and of course..... Marvelous Marv's run against Neb. (bet you all thought I wasn't gonna mention it!)

- and if possible, perhaps some older footage too of the teams in the 70s that had some success... Dexter Green perhaps?

Anywho, I thought this might be just another sprinkle of excitement for the stadium enhancement.

I love the enthusiasm everyone has for Jack Trice and the gameday environment....

pimp06

Apr 16, 2006
Ames, Iowa
how about some Static- X to get everyone pumped up play push it with a tornado siren i think that would be pretty damn cool