Football Fan Map

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clone fans that never graduated from ISU.

So if you're a fan of the flagship program in the state and didn't graduate from ISU that's some sort of bad thing? Lol is that something you and your Tavern Hok friends made up because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

This also happened in 2014

it-sure-did.jpg

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
They don't exist, but buddy's on a whataboutism kick.
According to ISU fans, it makes you less of a fan.

I agree, it’s pretty dumb.

Not surprising you don't understand. The whole, "Did you go to school there," or making fun of Tavern Hawks was mostly in response to those fans who are arrogant/entitled/loudmouthed about the Hawks and/or the university and/or Iowa City vs Ames and had nothing to do with them. Iowa fans who have nothing to do with the University of Iowa and aren't talking down to other fans and being arrogant are perfectly fine (although being misguided).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not surprising you don't understand. The whole, "Did you go to school there," or making fun of Tavern Hawks was mostly in response to those fans who are arrogant/entitled/loudmouthed about the Hawks and/or the university and/or Iowa City vs Ames and had nothing to do with them. Iowa fans who have nothing to do with the University of Iowa and aren't talking down to other fans and being arrogant are perfectly fine (although being misguided).

Maybe it's just me, but these types tend to be easier to be around, i.e. don't act like they're part of some sort of historical empire that everyone else needs to bow down to.

Reactions: khardbored

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Not surprising you don't understand. The whole, "Did you go to school there," or making fun of Tavern Hawks was mostly in response to those fans who are arrogant/entitled/loudmouthed about the Hawks and/or the university and/or Iowa City vs Ames and had nothing to do with them.

This sounds just like a lot of ISU basketball fans I know.

I am sure you will tell me these types don't exist on the ISU side though.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
This sounds just like a lot of ISU basketball fans I know.

I am sure you will tell me these types don't exist on the ISU side though.

Of course they exist (and are idiots), however nowhere near the amount of Iowa fans. Keep in mind many ISU fans have the connection to ISU, have probably 1/5th the fanbase of Iowa (thus harder to find outside of rivals' message boards), and doesn't have local media telling them how great the university is.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The tavernhok was born not from Cyclone fans, but from their own fans that actually went to the school there and were embarassed by the behaviors of other fans and wanted a way to disassociate themselves from those people.

• Informative

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Maybe it's just me, but these types tend to be easier to be around, i.e. don't act like they're part of some sort of historical empire that everyone else needs to bow down to.
I've always found fans who went to the university they're cheering for to be generally better. My logic is that if you went to the university (or love the university because you have a connection to it) you don't want to be a bad representative of the school. If you just cheer for the sports team, you're less likely to care whether you're a bad representative and will be more of an ass. I've also seen worse behavior from fans at pro events than college and I think it's for the same reason; you're just cheering for a team, not a larger thing

• Agree

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
football fan map? look at the state of Kansas and you'll understand this is hogwash. some 23 year old writer from New York wrote this.