Football Commentary

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
For those of you watching the Pats-Giants game tonight, is Bryant Gumbel not the WORST commentator you've ever heard on a football network? His commentary is dry, uninspired, and it sounds like he's only paying attention because he has to, not because he's actually excited to watch football. Collinsworth, alternatively, is doing a great job. He's always been high on my list of color commentators as someone who talks enough to provide insight to the game, but not so much to the point where he sounds like Madden. I'm looking forward to watching Rich Eisen at halftime...not so much the rest of the crew. Eisen was one of my faves on ESPN, and it baffles me as to why he stuck himself in the Premium Cable prison he's in right now.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Yeah, I like Colinsworth. I appreciated what he said earlier "For those of you that don't know, the center directs the blocking assignments..."

If it was Madden "The center is the most important person on the offensive line. He snaps the ball to the QB, who is the one who either hands it off to the running back or throws a pass. If it's the center who snaps it to #4, he has the best job in the country, bending over and giving it up to the greatest quarterback in history. BOOM! I wish I had his job."