Foot injury advice needed

Deere2004

Nov 2, 2010
Ankeny
In case you didn't know, if you are at a Disney resort, they will help you find urgent care if you contact the front desk.

• Informative
Reactions: Jer

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Make a big scene at Disneyland to get a look behind the curtain!
We actually didn’t make a big scene, but there may be a little something to that. My daughter fell and got a bloody lip at the Dumbo ride when she was 18 months old, and they were super nice. Took us behind the curtain as you say, gave her and my four year old son a couple popsicles, gave her and my wife new shirts (both had blood on them), and I think they gave her a stuffed Minnie too.

As others have said - sorry that happened though. That really sucks.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I tore my plantar fascia about 10 years ago, and my experience was similar to what you describe - a hard step with a pop feeling and then some pain, but unable to really put weight on it.

I was balling out, trying to score from second. In kickball. In a rec league. At work. (read - moron) I did score, but my foot popped when I stamped on home. Then it was limp home mode...

So my journey was NO WEIGHT BEARING AT ALL for about a week, which was the hardest thing to do really. Then a boot for about 30 days, which sucked, but less. Then PT, which was actually really effective. Lots of hopping around type stuff. Also learned how to do calf stretches, which is not something I had done before, despite decades of martial arts stretching. Making sure the calf and Achilles tendon is limber/flexible takes pressure off the plantar fascia.

Crappy it happened on vaca. Don't put weight on it! But the rehab isn't really bad, especially in comparison with all the other crap you have fought with.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Any updates? I've done the Disneyland thing with two young kids, even on two healthy feet it's a grind. Hope you got it looked at and it's feeling better.
Since I had the scooter, I waited until we got back and went to the doctor this Monday. Unfortunately I managed to rupture both the plantar and something called a plantar plate. I now get to use a walker instead of a cane.

Bright side is that when my wife eventually turns 90 and needs all the things I'm using in my early 40s, she won't have to buy anything:)

CloneFanInKC

Jul 26, 2021
Since I had the scooter, I waited until we got back and went to the doctor this Monday. Unfortunately I managed to rupture both the plantar and something called a plantar plate. I now get to use a walker instead of a cane.

Bright side is that when my wife eventually turns 90 and needs all the things I'm using in my early 40s, she won't have to buy anything:)
Jer-that’s a good one! As I mentioned earlier, I managed to tear the plantar (tissue, tendon etc) and have had turf toe (plantar plate injury) at different times. You injuring both simultaneously is rare and painful.

Godspeed.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Jer-that’s a good one! As I mentioned earlier, I managed to tear the plantar (tissue, tendon etc) and have had turf toe (plantar plate injury) at different times. You injuring both simultaneously is rare and painful.

Godspeed.
It was quite the feet to manage it....

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron