Food

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
mmmmmmm. Flying Burrito is great. never heard of it before until a buddy of mine drug me there after a night out at the bars. i had my heart set set on a cup of chili and a Jr bacon cheese burger at the local Wendys. but he talked me into Flying Burrito instead. id have to say it was a good call

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
A whole lobster with drawn butter.

or salt and pepper shrimp....mmmmm

SLCyclone

Apr 4, 2006
You read my mind! Also grilled over charcoal. I'm sorry but all you people that prefer gas are missing out on a lot of flavor that you get when you grill over charcoal.

We had a gas grill once. Never again. There is nothing better than the charcoal flavor. We go through about 10 bags of charcoal per summer.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
A well-marbled medium rare 16 oz ribeye steak.

Ya that sounds good. Too bad you can't get a real nice marbled piece of meat at most resteraunts unless you buy a 1/2 or 1/4 beef from an area farmer like we do. Fareway by far has the best meat and they don't even start to measure up to beef bought that way.

Interesting tidbit for you all. The best beef to eat is good corn fed beef which is what we grow here in Iowa. The meat processors take that good beef and ship it to the coasts where they can charge more for it and send the the range fed beef from down south where the cows eat grass and sage brush and it puts on leaner meat that is tougher.

If any of you have never bought your meat that way, I suggest you try it once and you'll never go back to the grocery store for your meat. And no I don't sell beef but I can hook you up with someone who does sell them that way.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Ya that sounds good. Too bad you can't get a real nice marbled piece of meat at most resteraunts unless you buy a 1/2 or 1/4 beef from an area farmer like we do. Fareway by far has the best meat and they don't even start to measure up to beef bought that way.

Interesting tidbit for you all. The best beef to eat is good corn fed beef which is what we grow here in Iowa. The meat processors take that good beef and ship it to the coasts where they can charge more for it and send the the range fed beef from down south where the cows eat grass and sage brush and it puts on leaner meat that is tougher.

If any of you have never bought your meat that way, I suggest you try it once and you'll never go back to the grocery store for your meat. And no I don't sell beef but I can hook you up with someone who does sell them that way.

Could not agree with you more. We are into our second quarter in the last year, and we love it. Expensive to have to drop $400 on meat all at once, but it saves $$ over time and the taste just cannot be beat. I cannot wait till it warms up a bit more and we can start grilling again.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I'm not big into steak ... I'd rather have a $5 burger than a $30 steak any day of the week.

Friends tell me it's because I like my meat "dead" (medium well or well) ... I can't bring myself to eat the "still kicking" version.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I'm not big into steak ... I'd rather have a $5 burger than a $30 steak any day of the week.

Friends tell me it's because I like my meat "dead" (medium well or well) ... I can't bring myself to eat the "still kicking" version.

I am just the opposite. I say knock the wind out of the dumb cow and throw it on a plate. Could eat raw hamburger any day of the week and have for years. Makes you sick my fanny:biglaugh:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

I like steaks every now and then. When I have beef at all I get it medium. Used to love well done, but like a little red to it. Flavor gets locked in that way.

More of a chicken eater though.

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
1. Prime Rib/ Ribeye
2. Lobster/Crab Legs
3. Mac and Cheese any kind
4. Cinnamon Rolls
5. Any DQ blizzard

Stanhope Locker Rules