Focus T25 workout?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I want to try the new P90x 3. The 30 minute workout works better for me. I have done p90x in the past and it works great. Just so long every night.

p90x3 is good, gets over quickly before my brain figures out what I am doing.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Question for those that have done it (Insanity even)...can you be in pretty poor shape to start it? I'm not that overweight (maybe 10-15lbs over) but I'm not in great shape and I would consider my strength poorer than I'd like, I'm 36.

I did Insanity, probably 30 lbs overweight. I wanted something I could do at home in a semi-short period of time so I started without being in very good shape. I was fine and I think one of the best things about what Shaun T and the rest of the models do is they don't really discourage breaks. By a couple weeks in I was pretty close to being able to work the whole time, even if not as fast as I would have liked. Just take it slow and don't expect yourself to be doing what they people in the video will be doing, take breaks when needed and you should be fine.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I did Insanity, probably 30 lbs overweight. I wanted something I could do at home in a semi-short period of time so I started without being in very good shape. I was fine and I think one of the best things about what Shaun T and the rest of the models do is they don't really discourage breaks. By a couple weeks in I was pretty close to being able to work the whole time, even if not as fast as I would have liked. Just take it slow and don't expect yourself to be doing what they people in the video will be doing, take breaks when needed and you should be fine.

T25 DEFINITELY discourages breaks. No water, nothing. If you can't keep up you do the modified activity, but obviously if you are only going 25 minutes you can't be stopping every few minutes.

yez

Feb 17, 2010
Austin, Texas
I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to get or try Focus T25 yet? I've never done any of these types of DVD excercises (Insanity, P90X) but I think I'd like to try. I love the fact it's only 25 minutes. Not really wanting to drop a hundred bucks on something that might not be a good fit.

So anybody try this workout yet?

I have the workout; they're good, but it seems like you finally start getting a sweat right at the 25 min. mark. If you're crunched for time though, they're solid.

I've also done three rounds of Insanity and P90x. The O.G. Insanity is still the best.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Question for those that have done it (Insanity even)...can you be in pretty poor shape to start it? I'm not that overweight (maybe 10-15lbs over) but I'm not in great shape and I would consider my strength poorer than I'd like, I'm 36.

Yes. When I did Insanity I would always wear a heart rate monitor and would slow down when I reached the max I wanted to be. I would also pause the video at times. I didn't skip anything and probably added a max of 5 minutes to the overall workout. With that said, I did tend to skip some of the stretching, which I hate.

The funny thing is that the Insanity warm up was even insane.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I have the workout; they're good, but it seems like you finally start getting a sweat right at the 25 min. mark. If you're crunched for time though, they're solid.

I've also done three rounds of Insanity and P90x. The O.G. Insanity is still the best.

I do love the Insanity workout but it's nice to mix in something different. Hearing "that **** is bananas yo" and "you never wore a sports bra before?" starts to make you a little crazy after awhile.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Re: Insanity - I was in poor shape when I started and had to take breaks during the warmup. Not a proud moment, but it felt great when I did the whole warmup without stopping (couple weeks in). By the end of the 9 weeks I was in excellent shape.

Once again I am out of shape. I was planning to start Insanity again, but I think I'll try T25 instead.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yes. When I did Insanity I would always wear a heart rate monitor and would slow down when I reached the max I wanted to be. I would also pause the video at times. I didn't skip anything and probably added a max of 5 minutes to the overall workout. With that said, I did tend to skip some of the stretching, which I hate.

The funny thing is that the Insanity warm up was even insane.

my God, the first time I did Insanity I thought I would die.............by the end of the warm-up. It really is the worse part! When I moved on to month 2, it would regularly take me 75 minutes to complete it because I would pause. I know they say not to pause it, just take a break, but I knew that I would just start cheating. If I pause it to take a break, I'm not getting to skip 60 seconds of the workout, so it discourages me from stopping all the time.

I don't think you need to be in great shape to start Insanity, but you'll need breaks and don't be afraid to modify the exercises.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Re: Insanity - I was in poor shape when I started and had to take breaks during the warmup. Not a proud moment, but it felt great when I did the whole warmup without stopping (couple weeks in). By the end of the 9 weeks I was in excellent shape.

Once again I am out of shape. I was planning to start Insanity again, but I think I'll try T25 instead.

I still need to take a few seconds in the month 2 warmup. Goddamn switch kicks and floor hops.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Wonder how much money BeachBody has made off of the videos. Tons, I would guess.

Anyway, haven't tried T25 but am interested. Have done Insanity and P90x. Liked the strength training of P90X but not the cardio.

Was actually thinking of a combo of T25 and P90X3.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

You are definitely not alone with the warm-up breaks. It took me a couple weeks to get through it without a break. And as hot as that one chick is, I hate her with the fire of a thousand hells.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
T25 DEFINITELY discourages breaks. No water, nothing. If you can't keep up you do the modified activity, but obviously if you are only going 25 minutes you can't be stopping every few minutes.

Well then **** them. Is there a lot of stretching and warm up stuff? I think it was Pure Cardio, when I figured it up, was about 25 minutes. That was the one I hated right away but loved it once I got into some sort of shape. I think I might do at least month 1 of Insanity and then go to T25, or maybe I'll just do Insanity all the way through. It's not great on my knees but I'll live.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I've been doing Insanity for months now - haven't tried T-25 yet, but from everything I've seen, it's a bit like Insanity-lite. So like mtown said, if doing lots of jumps/lunges are hard on your body, might want to steer clear. The focus is really more cardio, unlike P90X which seems to be a lot more focused on the strength aspect.

I'd like to try it but I don't want to feel like I'm wimping out by not doing 40-60 minutes anymore!
Wuss. Do asylum. T-25 is tough but it feels too easy. Just do insanity. I mean, an extra 20 minutes shouldn't kill u time wise and you'll get quicker results. Lost 25 lbs. since insanity. The **** does work.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

Good enough. As long as you push yourself you can be pretty obese and still do it. The jumping is the biggest obstacle, if you have week knees I'd avoid insanity

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Finished the 2nd week of T25. Really like it so far. I can't say that I'm not having some minor problems with my knees (lunges kill them) but I feel good.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I did Speed 1.0 a couple of days ago and it seems the easiest so far. I like that Speed 1.0 has stretching between cardio but when he says "now we're going all out for the last 8 minutes", I wanted to puke.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I just did the lower body workout. Not great cardio but this one will get your legs shaking.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'm on day 4. It's nice to change up from Insanity with some different stuff. Total Body circuit was a shoulder killer though.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Whoever suggested 1500 calories for males is dumb DUMB. I compete in the 62kg weight class for oly lifting and for maintenance I need to consume roughly 2500 calories day! So I would suggest figuring out your TDEE and subtracting 15-20% from it for weight loss. I'll make it easy just go to iifym.com and use their calculator. No need to starve yourself for a quick fix, because once you are done with your quick 25 min. workouts you'll just end up going back to your old eating ways and gain it all back.

Also seriously if you can't find at least 45 minutes to 1 hour a day to make yourself healthier you need to prioritize your schedule...get up an hour earlier or something but find away.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron