First season win total released

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I would think smart money would be on the Under for Nebby.

But I always lose when I bet, so I'm probably wrong. But it feels right.

This is football, not MBB, right?

Nebraska could easily win every game but tOSU, Iowa and Wisconsin. And even those are games they could win. B1G West, don't forget.

• Agree
Reactions: knowlesjam

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I would think smart money would be on the Under for Nebby.

But I always lose when I bet, so I'm probably wrong. But it feels right.

This is football, not MBB, right?
If you always lose money when you bet, then bet that ISU wins under 8 so that we get the over.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I am putting money on the under as I am quite willing to be happy in either case....

This is exactly how I like to bet on sports. Bet against your favorite teams so it can always be a win-win situation. I would LOVE to lose a couple hundred bucks when the Clones beat the Hawks..... but if they would happen to lose, at least I'm up a couple hundred.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I used to bet my hawkeye brother based on the cyhawk game point spread. I made a killing. Even if ISU lost the game, I still collected. Eventually, he said "you take Iowa and give me the points" . Instead of a point spread, I think it should be probability of winning, so if your team wins, you always win. I supposed its hard to pay and collect cash that way.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think it should be probability of winning, so if your team wins, you always win. I supposed its hard to pay and collect cash that way.

Maybe I'm just confused by your comment, but you can bet on a team to win. It's called the moneyline.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
As an Iowa State fan for 45 years. I feel like this season is setting me up for the groin kick. I hope to hell our team stays healthy and we can finally have the one season. The one where it all goes right.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Realistically know this is probably our best team in awhile, but I wouldn't put 'a lot' of money on something thats happened just once out of 100+ years.

This is a perfect opportunity for ISU to hit the 10 win mark. There are four new head coaches in the conference and we have Iowa at home. We have the best on paper team we've had since what, 2005? The difference being we have a helluva coaching staff and phenomenal QB.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
This is a perfect opportunity for ISU to hit the 10 win mark. There are four new head coaches in the conference and we have Iowa at home. We have the best on paper team we've had since what, 2005? The difference being we have a helluva coaching staff and phenomenal QB.

We'll have had 3 teams in a row (including this year) that would beat that 2005 team. I think we also beat the 2000 and 2002 teams. Gotta go back to the '70s to find Iowa State teams that could hang with anyone in the country.

Let's put it this way, Campbell's worst loss the past 2 years was Texas last year. That Sugar Bowl-winning Texas team played their A game and beat us in their house 24-10. With that said, do we need to revisit McCarney teams vs Texas, Oklahoma, K-State, Nebraska? I don't want to.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
We'll have had 3 teams in a row (including this year) that would beat that 2005 team. I think we also beat the 2000 and 2002 teams. Gotta go back to the '70s to find Iowa State teams that could hang with anyone in the country.

Let's put it this way, Campbell's worst loss the past 2 years was Texas last year. That Sugar Bowl-winning Texas team played their A game and beat us in their house 24-10. With that said, do we need to revisit McCarney teams vs Texas, Oklahoma, K-State, Nebraska? I don't want to.

I didn't mean to dismiss the last two seasons' teams as being worse than those other squads. I have no doubt that Campbell's year 2+ teams are essentially better than anything that has graced Ames since before I was born.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This is exactly how I like to bet on sports. Bet against your favorite teams so it can always be a win-win situation. I would LOVE to lose a couple hundred bucks when the Clones beat the Hawks..... but if they would happen to lose, at least I'm up a couple hundred.

Technically, wouldn't this always be a win-lose situation? C'mon man, go for it - Bet ISU on the over and when it happens it will be glorious. If it doesn't, there's always CF for venting sessions and group therapy.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sorry athletics of current day far surpass the 70s. We're living the golden age of Iowa State football. Best team we will have fielded IMO. I think target should be 9-3. Anything better is cream and winning 7 or 8 isn't so bad if we do drop some other close ones. As far as my prediction, 10-2 with a shot at conference title.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Interesting tidbit from last seasons over/under. Most people I know got it at 6 and bet the over. They were sweating it early in the year, then the Clones got rolling and covered. Vegas called off all bets, due to not playing a full season, the Drake game didn't count. SUCKED