Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Anyone else notice they cutoff wells from the skywalk?

They started that whole construction project (new hotel) several weeks ago. The convention and visitors bureau is really trying to downplay it with maps of the sidewalk routes and saying no distances are very far. To me, it's way more than frustration if I want to walk between WF and downtown indoors. It's not scheduled to reopen until spring 2018.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I missed my chance to buy tickets in that initial round last spring, but got 7 of the "fan experience" tickets for session 2. Will be in section 206. Wish I had tickets to all of the sessions though as selling to Iowa or Kansas fans would be a good money maker. Just hoping whatever the fan experience is doesn't suck and that Iowa State is not playing Thursday night.

Now, that "fan experience package," that is gouging! The ones I saw cost twice as much as the seats I bought without it.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Now, that "fan experience package," that is gouging! The ones I saw cost twice as much as the seats I bought without it.

We paid $186/ticket before shipping and fees, but we get to hang out with Acie Earl who is apparently a NCAA Tournament legend.

Got the tickets in the mail today.

Attachments

• NCAA.jpg
    NCAA.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 55

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We paid $186/ticket before shipping and fees, but we get to hang out with Acie Earl who is apparently a NCAA Tournament legend.

Got the tickets in the mail today.

For a full strip? Or just one session? That seems like a great price for a full strip that includes the fan experience.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
For a full strip? Or just one session? That seems like a great price for a full strip that includes the fan experience.

It is just one session, the second one. All 1 seeds played in the second session last year, so it very well could be Iowa and an 8/9 match-up. Despite it being Iowa it should set up for a fun atmosphere during the event.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
my plan is to go to one session and sell the other sessions based on who is playing. if KU/Iowa are in the same two0game session I could see prices for that single session being near $500/ticket for the cheap seats.

They can't be in the same session. They'll be in different pods.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Thought I'd revive this thread and see what people's luck has been like in terms of selling your extra tickets. What types of prices are you getting? And where have you sold through - craigslist? Stubhub?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Thought I'd revive this thread and see what people's luck has been like in terms of selling your extra tickets. What types of prices are you getting? And where have you sold through - craigslist? Stubhub?
with KU and Iowa in DSM I want to see what sessions they will be in before I outright sell my tickets. I'd like to go to a game so I don't want to sell the wrong session.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012

I sold my 300 level balcony center extras for $400 each. I found a buyer in 10 minutes so I probably should have asked for more haha.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'm debating whether to just sell the whole strip or wait and see the matchups and then sell two of the three sessions? What would you do? I paid $500 total and on stubhub they are going for $800/seat = 1600 total

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I'm debating whether to just sell the whole strip or wait and see the matchups and then sell two of the three sessions? What would you do? I paid $500 total and on stubhub they are going for $800/seat = 1600 total

Are they actually selling for $800/seat? Looking at stubhub nothing in the balcony has sold for $800 in the last month. Majority of what is selling is in the 400-600 range. Also remember to subtract 10% for the sellers fee. If Iowa misses out on Des Moines there's going to a lot of tickets on the secondary market.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Are they actually selling for $800/seat? Looking at stubhub nothing in the balcony has sold for $800 in the last month. Majority of what is selling is in the 400-600 range. Also remember to subtract 10% for the sellers fee. If Iowa misses out on Des Moines there's going to a lot of tickets on the secondary market.

I have lower level section 19. That's the gamble - make some now or wait and enjoy it and sell whatever we dont go to

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Now I am really wishing I bought ticket when I had the opportunity. I figured if ISU was ineligible to play is Des Moines, why bother.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It was $1,700 and change after the fees. Tickets were in the lower level. Glad I sold them prior to the Hawk melt down.

I had a pair "sold" on craigslist last Wednesday for $700 each and planned to meet on Friday to deliver but the next morning (after the Penn St. loss) I got an e-mail nixing the deal. Oh well, Kansas money is just as green as Iowa money.

I've sold 2 pairs on Stubhub and got an average of $650 each for $270 tickets. (lower level corner) The buyer would have paid over $800 each after fees. 1 pair a few weeks ago and went to eastern Iowa and the other pair sold a couple days ago and went to Kansas.

So I have 4 of my 8 tickets sold and I'm already well in the black.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
So how are ticket sales going for people? I've been debating whether to lower ticket prices in hopes of dumping them vs. just waiting until brackets are announced because I assume the market will really ignite then.