First E85 Chopper

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I had seen this before, but just came across some online photos - can't recall this being on here yet.

Gotta say...this looks pretty sweet. :smile: Made by the folks of American Chopper. Website includes more photos and details on the chopper as well as info on the cause.

Join The Ride Iowa

2007-06-19%2008-09-10_0002_resize.JPG

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Yeah they rolled out the bike right before halftime during last weeks game. I don't remember what happend in the game at the time cause that bike is sweet. I was very impressed with it and have some pictures that are somewhat closeups. Just need to develop them.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
As a bike rider and home bike builder, I have to say those guys bikes have become a joke. I met them in Daytona BEFORE they were famous and they actually were good guys building rideable choppers that were unique and cool. Now all they build are ridiculous works of art, loosely associated with bikes. Each bike becomes more cartoon-like as they go along. Their custom theme bikes are over-the-top expensive (like $250,000 and up) and really can't and won't be ridden.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
As a bike rider and home bike builder, I have to say those guys bikes have become a joke. I met them in Daytona BEFORE they were famous and they actually were good guys building rideable choppers that were unique and cool. Now all they build are ridiculous works of art, loosely associated with bikes. Each bike becomes more cartoon-like as they go along. Their custom theme bikes are over-the-top expensive (like $250,000 and up) and really can't and won't be ridden.

Anyone who spends $250k on a bike probably isn't going to be riding it around anyway.

How often do you see people drive around a Lotus, Maseratti, Lamborghini, ets.? People don't buy these kind of things to get them from point A to point B, they buy them as collector's pieces.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Anyone who spends $250k on a bike probably isn't going to be riding it around anyway.

How often do you see people drive around a Lotus, Maseratti, Lamborghini, ets.? People don't buy these kind of things to get them from point A to point B, they buy them as collector's pieces.

Gargage Orniments, to show off (or trailer to bike night)

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
John Deere colors except for the blue. Is the blue symbolizing ethanol or the sky? Love the little extras in back of the front wheel. Did Gene get to drive it a little bit also?

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

I cant blame them though, they have found that every idiot CEO wants to be on their show, and is willing to paying 250k for a bike that will permently be on display in the foyer of the office campus.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I'm a car guy, but I hate it when car guys say things like you have to drive it or ride it or you suck. Great who cares. I have a couple of cars I drive and a couple of cars I don't drive. They are still cars. I only take them to shows. That's their job. To look nice. If I could afford to buy a chopper that never got used, but got me on their TV show and gave me something to take to shows I would.

These guys make a lot of money making crazy bikes. Who cares if you can't really ride them. I'd trade jobs with them any day.

Like Jesse James says, these cars/bikes aren't about getting from point a to point b, they are the point.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
I'm a car guy, but I hate it when car guys say things like you have to drive it or ride it or you suck. Great who cares. I have a couple of cars I drive and a couple of cars I don't drive. They are still cars. I only take them to shows. That's their job. To look nice. If I could afford to buy a chopper that never got used, but got me on their TV show and gave me something to take to shows I would.

These guys make a lot of money making crazy bikes. Who cares if you can't really ride them. I'd trade jobs with them any day.

Like Jesse James says, these cars/bikes aren't about getting from point a to point b, they are the point.

Well, I never said you have to ride it or you suck???

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the wealth and fame these guys have attained, when there are so many struggling bike/car builders, but I no longer appreciate their work as bikes.... they are now merely cartoonish artwork. FWIW.