Fireball Whiskey Lawsuit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The only time I ever have fireball is when I'm already intoxicated and someone else starts pouring shots of it, and I always regret it.
The last time I had it I was walking into the Jack before a game and these tailgaters were trying to get rid of what they had left of their fireball. They had a box similar to what boxed wines comes in and they were just pouring it in people's mouths as they walked by. They asked if I wanted some and I said sure. The guy doing the pouring was aggressive with his pours. I definitely had regrets.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
So I just discovered a new (to me) drink called the revolver.

4 parts bourbon (originally Bulleit)
1 part coffee liqueur (a little more if it's Kahlua)
a couple dashes of orange bitters.

It's really good. Boozy with a hint of coffee.
Sounds kind of like a bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout but with a much higher ABV.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
So I just discovered a new (to me) drink called the revolver.

4 parts bourbon (originally Bulleit)
1 part coffee liqueur (a little more if it's Kahlua)
a couple dashes of orange bitters.

It's really good. Boozy with a hint of coffee.
I saw that somewhere not too long ago and was wanting to give it a try. I currently don't have orange bitters but will pick some up. Did you use Bulleit? I have some Makers Mark 46 that I use for Old Fashioneds and was planning on using that.

Reactions: jcyclonee

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Class action lawsuits are such bull ****. Just a way for lawyers to make a **** ton of money, while the rest of us get a $5.00 check.

Someone at work was looking into the lawyer bringing the suit and evidently his last 8 or 9 have been dismissed with zero payout. It’s the same guy that sued Kellogg’s for Pop Tarts not having enough strawberry.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The last time I had it I was walking into the Jack before a game and these tailgaters were trying to get rid of what they had left of their fireball. They had a box similar to what boxed wines comes in and they were just pouring it in people's mouths as they walked by. They asked if I wanted some and I said sure. The guy doing the pouring was aggressive with his pours. I definitely had regrets.

Only time I've ever had it was off of a shot ski at a ISU tailgate this fall.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Some of y’all are no fun. Is fireball good? No, but there are tons of other drinks I wouldn’t call good either. It is what it is, some of you need to get down off your high horse.

Reactions: jcyclonee

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Class action lawsuits are such bull ****. Just a way for lawyers to make a **** ton of money, while the rest of us get a $5.00 check.

But the alternative is nothing.

If a company does $10 worth of damage a million times, it'd be unreasonable for every individual victim to file a case. Legal fees would wipe that out before you walked in the door.

The threat of these kinds of lawsuits also a tool in keeping companies from engaging in even more egregious behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Some of y’all are no fun. Is fireball good? No, but there are tons of other drinks I wouldn’t call good either. It is what it is, some of you need to get down off your high horse.
Well I don’t particularly like you putting down my horse just because he enjoys a gummy once in awhile.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Just checked mine and all say Cinnamon Whisky. I normally am not a "shot" guy, but Fireball has become a tradition in my football section when we score a touchdown. Unfortunately, I had several left over after this season's offensive performance, even though we started to drink one for FG's at the end of the year!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
My bike club always would get a bottle of something like Jack Daniels and do a round of a shot and a wash every morning before we ride. We went to the Fireball bottles during COVID, and I think we will stick with it. Much easier to take then a shot of Jack at 6:45.

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
I formerly lived on a state highway and would walk the shoulders for light exercise. I counted over 30 little fireball bottles in a two mile walk. My question is are they paying the nickel deposit?

• Agree

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I formerly lived on a state highway and would walk the shoulders for light exercise. I counted over 30 little fireball bottles in a two mile walk. My question is are they paying the nickel deposit?

Interesting, I live in a semi-rural area off a county road and I see them all the time while walking the dog.

• Agree

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
That is basically what the lawsuit is about. Saying they are deceiving people by making 2 versions and making them both out to be the same thing.

And if you are not really looking and paying attention you dont realize which is one is which.

In the grand scheme of things I get the lawsuit, but it also feels like kind of a frivolous reason to sue someone too.
Those labels would have had to be TTB approved, so Fireball could very easily counter-sue for damages to the brand and costs and the people bringing the frivolous lawsuit could be up ***** creek without a paddle pretty quickly.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
It's not mis-labeled. I see how it could be confusing, but not sure it's fraud. As Sousaclone said, the number of buyers who cared is probably zero. Legally, I think it will be very hard to demonstrate damages.
Fireball is the damage in and of itself.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Honestly, I've never looked closely enough to notice.
Same here. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I think Fireball Whiskey is OK if that's what you want, a more sugary cinnamon whiskey.

The only time I'd come across the small mini-bottle version, I was given one at a friend's house, from the wife. I think she never read the label either. I think she assumed it was whiskey too.

Moral of story: read label.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Just about every Casey's in CR sells them in 12 and 24 packs. To each his own, but I tend to equate fireball with trashy anymore.
I don't usually drink it straight, but I'll still mix it with some apple juice or hard cider on occasion. I downed a six-pack of Angry Orchards with a couple shots of Fireball mixed into each bottle during the Iowa-Wisconsin football game in 2015. Somehow, I still remember everything.