Fire up the 2014-2015 Season Hype Train!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
A bowl game should be possible, this team was as bad a team as we've seen around here in awhile as a whole this season but even still there were something like 4 or 5 games that were one score ball games. Idk if Rohach is the answer but he looks like he's improving and will have guys like Bundy, Bibbs (who he seems to like) and Wimberly, not to mention guys like Nealy and Daley. Thats all without factoring in Lazard.

On the other side of the ball, there are ?'s at safety but we have guys with exp at nearly every other spot coming back. We seem to over achieve most years on this side of the ball bc its the strength of our coaching staff. The D hasn't necessarily improved each year under CPR but it seems like they've upgraded from an athleticism and size standpoint.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Watch out 5 win season, here we come!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A bowl game should be possible, this team was as bad a team as we've seen around here in awhile as a whole this season but even still there were something like 4 or 5 games that were one score ball games. Idk if Rohach is the answer but he looks like he's improving and will have guys like Bundy, Bibbs (who he seems to like) and Wimberly, not to mention guys like Nealy and Daley. Thats all without factoring in Lazard.

On the other side of the ball, there are ?'s at safety but we have guys with exp at nearly every other spot coming back. We seem to over achieve most years on this side of the ball bc its the strength of our coaching staff. The D hasn't necessarily improved each year under CPR but it seems like they've upgraded from an athleticism and size standpoint.

It's hard to say how much is playing bad teams vs. actual improvement, but really the OL has played much better once they have been able to have the same guys playing for a change. I'm a big believer in Klenakis and the young guys on the OL are raw but very talented. Rohach has been decent, and the the skill positions have been inconsistent but shown a lot of promise. Add Lazard and Montgomery to the mix and the offense will be better.

Defensively, I think we have one potential star corner in Tribune and if Richardson can develop even average ball skills he will be very good. Those dismissing Coe earlier in the year despite playing inside for the first snaps in his career showed they are clueless. The guy has improved more from game one to the end of the season than anybody. With Coe, Irving, and Morissey, I think we may have the most important piece next to good QB play - ability to keep OL of your LBs in the running game and get pressure on the QB with the front 4.

I'm saying 2-1 non-con, 4-5 in conf.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Does Rohach playing well save Mess's job? I know the offense looked good against 2 awful defenses but even against OU the offense looked ok early on. Is it possible CPR thinks Mess has a good connection with GR, could Mess be touting GR as "his" guy?

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Schedule is front loaded so a good start and I see 8 wins and a big year. Bad start means an identical season to this one.

Will be interesting to see how Rhoads approaches things with a far superior offense to his d.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
6 wins and a bowl game or Rhoads seat should get warm/hot. If we go4-8 with this much talent I'll be pretty disappointed. I still hope Messingham is gone, sadly these two games might save him in Rhoads eyes. There is no reason to not win 6 games

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
I see no reason to "Fire" mess. Just demote him to a positions coach and bring up a noteworthy canidate. Take Klenakis for example

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Nice win today. Great to see the rebound and no quit. Love the character of these guys. Offense didn't look prepared at the start but they stuck with it. Coaching has to improve. Have to win winnable games against inferior or equal competition (essentially the bottom two-thirds of the Big XII). Good to get KU and WVU. Have to move up the food chain and start taking out the Texas Techs, KSUs and TCUs. Can only do that with coaching, preparation and execution. Have to show up and want to take it to them from opening kick.

isu4life1

May 30, 2013
As long as we beat NDSU next year.

They lose qb jensen and cb williams so I think we can get past them.

Who are the teams we beat for those thinking we are going bowling

Here are mine (NDSU, toledo, ku, wvu, KSU wins) and hopefully get one between Iowa, TTU, or tcu

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Probably will be status quo with the offense and a 4-8 season.

Its not exactly status quo if you're improving your win total by 3 games. Four wins would be great progress for this program since, you know, we went 1-11 this year.