Finance/budget apps

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Any recommendations? I have a droid if that makes a difference.

Had some recent changes and need to be more aware of spending...perhaps I can give technology a chance to yell at me when I'm going overboard.

The goal would be to put a monthly limit on spending outside of normal bills/automated payments, if that's even something they can do.

Thanks.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I would agree with Mint and Every Dollar. My bank does not sync with outside programs like that though but does have their own web version we can use.

That being said depending on what you are looking for this may be a little more nerdy and take a bit of work but I have always just set up and used my own spreadsheet broken down by weeks. I know what I have coming in and I know the bills we have so I just add/subtract as necessary with each week/month linked together and I have a forecasted budget. It takes work to check the bank account and update what has happened but no more than I would already be doing using Mint or Every Dollar.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've been testing out Personal Capital. I'm very leary of these aggregator type of things, but when it works, it's nice. One of one banks doesn't work with it, and I get a lot of calls from Personal Capital wanting to sell me stuff. Not sure I'd do it again.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
Mvelopes. I've used it for a few years and it's amazing. It's like the electronic version of using cash envelopes.