cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I will say this. There are too many people on here that depend waaaaaaaay to much on 364,961 opinions. So get off the internet and talk to local realtors and contractors. This post is ok but I would never make the post. The comments are beyond hilarious. Honestly most of you are nearly as smart as you want to believe. I bought a house in Dakota City, Iowa for 30k. It’s a double lot and 952 sq ft two story with no garage. It had a new roof, windows, gutters, siding, furnace, and a whopping 100 amp breaker panel. I gutted the place and updated the upstairs wiring and new trim work obviously. I stole the house and am asking 80k after dumping 15k into it. There are buys out there but look at the market first and if you aren’t from that area, shut up if it’s been specified. Not every town is Ankeny, Grimes, or Marion.

Who hurt you?

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I will say this. There are too many people on here that depend waaaaaaaay to much on 364,961 opinions. So get off the internet and talk to local realtors and contractors. This post is ok but I would never make the post. The comments are beyond hilarious. Honestly most of you are nearly as smart as you want to believe. I bought a house in Dakota City, Iowa for 30k. It’s a double lot and 952 sq ft two story with no garage. It had a new roof, windows, gutters, siding, furnace, and a whopping 100 amp breaker panel. I gutted the place and updated the upstairs wiring and new trim work obviously. I stole the house and am asking 80k after dumping 15k into it. There are buys out there but look at the market first and if you aren’t from that area, shut up if it’s been specified. Not every town is Ankeny, Grimes, or Marion.

What’s the address here? I’m not finding anything in Dakota City listed or sold for in that price range.

Thanks!

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
What’s the address here? I’m not finding anything in Dakota City listed or sold for in that price range.

Thanks!

it doesnt have a garage or central air, 952 sq feet has room for a couple and maybe a child, and no garage means your even more cramped for space, and there might be a shed but that will be prime target for robbery, not to mention the job prospects around the general area. Sorry flipping houses isnt my job so I have no idea what the point is by this fella, maybe he is saying we should flip small town nearly tiny houses? or that we should quit are good paying jobs and haul all our children to dakota city to live in a house without ac so i can pay more for window units all summer, or maybe he is saying we should store all our tools in a shed that will get robbed the second we leave town?

110 4th St S, Dakota City

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Dakota City is the next Clive.

And Edina is cool as ****. I have been going there for family for 15 years and they treat my backwoods hick ass like gold. I guess people treat you how you treat them.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
and furthermore i hope things were gutted to the studs to re insulate, check all the wiring and plumbing, thats what u gotta do imo for houses built in 1900