Ferguson: Iowa State-Texas could be more telling than any game this season

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe as much, or more, telling for Texas as for Iowa State. Texas has been doing a Jekyll and Hyde all season. The big gals, Collier and Holmes, you mention where terrific vs Stanford but as a team you don't know what you are going to get night to night, world beaters or uninspired underachievers. Collier and Holmes can also just disappear at times. It's really weird.

I watched them play Tennessee and Stanford and it's hard to fathom some of the loses they have to much lesser teams. Should be interesting tonight, they got size and some speed with Sutton at guard. Going to be a fun watch. Thinking we win, Texas seemingly has no heart or fire or whatever you want to call it unless they are playing a big name school.

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Maybe as much, or more, telling for Texas as for Iowa State. Texas has been doing a Jekyll and Hyde all season. The big gals, Collier and Holmes, you mention where terrific vs Stanford but as a team you don't know what you are going to get night to night, world beaters or uninspired underachievers. Collier and Holmes can also just disappear at times. It's really weird.

I watched them play Tennessee and Stanford and it's hard to fathom some of the loses they have to much lesser teams. Should be interesting tonight, they got size and some speed with Sutton at guard. Going to be a fun watch. Thinking we win, Texas seemingly has no heart or fire or whatever you want to call it unless they are playing a big name school.

That's what I'm thinking with tonight's game. Texas won't want to lose on National TV. Fox Sports 1, coming off of a loss they really didn't want to TCU, just bounced out of the top 25... all indications the Longhorns will be ticked off.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
This game tonight will depend entirely on which TX team shows up. I have believed all along they have have the second best starting 5 in the Big 12. But under their head coach that doesn't seem to necessarily mean anything.

• Informative
Reactions: tolstoy

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
It also depends on which ISU team shows up. IF we move the ball and IF we have multiple scorers I don’t care which Texas team shows up. I just want the full ISU team to perform.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It also depends on which ISU team shows up. IF we move the ball and IF we have multiple scorers I don’t care which Texas team shows up. I just want the full ISU team to perform.
ISU also can't afford foul trouble especially to key players. Sometimes a team can be playing very well, but one whistle going the wrong way can change the entire complexion of the game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
ISU also can't afford foul trouble especially to key players. Sometimes a team can be playing very well, but one whistle going the wrong way can change the entire complexion of the game.

Holds true for both teams. Texas is not deep either.