Ferentz with the worst contract in CFB

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So basically just like Urban, Fisher and Gus, Ferentz has done such a great job coaching that he has demanded a really nice contract.

Sounds about right.
Don't forget Fran M! I kid. I kid. I kid.

In all seriousness Kirk's longevity and "body of work"(not a joke) deserves the contract. The AD is flush with cash from Big 10 revenue. I would have no problem with Campbell getting a contract if he earns it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
You think Ferentz ever stays awake at night thinking about how he's gotten rich off of college kids?

• Funny
Reactions: jdcyclone19

RedBayou

Jun 27, 2018
I'm no fan of CyTwins usual trolling just like I abhor much of the trolling our resident hawks put on here. However, CyTwins didn't write this piece and his posting it here doesn't deserve the derision he is getting. How about talking about the merits of the points made in the article?
You do realize that @CyTwins 's post is incorrect, don't you?

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am looking at the similarities.

I'm not sure how it is a negative to be on this list? Can you explain that to me?

The ones you listed, (you didn't put lovie there) all have been highly associated with a Natty, except your boy and he has a similar contract. Although I question if 6 or 7 or 8 wins gets a bonus for them. Campbell doesn't even have that.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
Hands down that Illini contract is the worst in college football, followed by aTm (no protection for the school).

I think Ferentz has kept IA from falling into the forgettable half of the Big10 (UI, Pur, NW, ILL, MN, Rut, Mary, and now Nebby). I think that's huge for the school and justifies the contract.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
The ones you listed, (you didn't put lovie there) all have been highly associated with a Natty, except your boy and he has a similar contract. Although I question if 6 or 7 or 8 wins gets a bonus for them. Campbell doesn't even have that.

Ferentz has earned a contract that is being compared to National title winning coaches, I already knew that. Once again tell me how this is a bad thing?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ferentz has earned a contract that is being compared to National title winning coaches, I already knew that. Once again tell me how this is a bad thing?
Kirk is someone you can most likely trust your kid with, who obviously has put guys in the NFL. For the most part, he's a steady presence on the sidelines.
But the main point with a lot of these articles is that it sounds like you're overpaying for an average of 7.5 wins a year over his career. None of that has anything to do with ISU or ISU fans taking that result or not.

It's just a fact.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The man needs another raise. There is no reason for a man of his accomplishments to have one of his children forced to live in government subsidized housing. Kirk deserves a living wage!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
It's bad because you're paying for something you'll never achieve. They are paying for something they could.

I personally don't think Ferentz contract is bad. He's been lucky to have good players at the right times when the schedule is very favorable (see 2015). At the end of the day he wins a lot of games at Iowa so he can ask for more money. Them's the rules.

• Agree
Reactions: clone2003

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Kirk is someone you can most likely trust your kid with, who obviously has put guys in the NFL. For the most part, he's a steady presence on the sidelines.
But the main point with a lot of these articles is that it sounds like you're overpaying for an average of 7.5 wins a year over his career. None of that has anything to do with ISU or ISU fans taking that result or not.

It's just a fact.

It is also a fact that it is extremely hard to win at a school like Iowa on a consistent basis long term. KF has done a good job at Iowa even considering his salary. It is just a fact.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron