Ferentz to PSU?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Any Clone fan would accept all of the above to have the success Iowa Football has had.

No ISU coach would continue their job after what happened with Everson and Satterfield's 'internal investigation'. Then to later have a player be running what was described as a 'drug house'. We'll put up with the Criner and Walden years before we ever convince ourselves that's acceptable.

Bigbuck31pt

Sep 10, 2010
No ISU coach would continue their job after what happened with Everson and Satterfield's 'internal investigation'. Then to later have a player be running what was described as a 'drug house'. We'll put up with the Criner and Walden years before we ever convince ourselves that's acceptable.

Yep, it's very hard to accept winning.

You can say what makes you feel better but there are a lot of "issues" most Clone fans would put up with to be a winning program and you know it. Nice try though.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

You can say what makes you feel better but there are a lot of "issues" most Clone fans would put up with to be a winning program and you know it. Nice try though.

Yeah, I'd love for our football players to rape a felllow student athlete or our senior wide receiver living in a drug house for nothing more than a couple shared conference championships and a handful of embarrassing losses to Western Michigan, Northwestern, and Minnesota. :jimlad:

Get real, dude.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

So as long as Ferentz wins it's okay in your mind for him and the athletic director to convince rape victims to do an 'internal investigation' and not report it to the police?

Isn't that pretty much what Iowa fans are saying Paterno should be fired for?

Bigbuck31pt

Sep 10, 2010

KF didn't run a drug house just like Johnny Orr didn't rob a Burger King at gunpoint.

Bigbuck31pt

Sep 10, 2010
Yeah, I'd love for our football players to rape a felllow student athlete or our senior wide receiver living in a drug house for nothing more than a couple shared conference championships and a handful of embarrassing losses to Western Michigan, Northwestern, and Minnesota. :jimlad:

Get real, dude.

I'd take a few shared confernce championships and a BCS bowl win over what ISU has done on the football field. Every program has a lot of embarrasing losses, ISU should know all about that.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
There maybe a coach from this state be in the talks to replace Joe Pa and it wont be KF.

prdhawk

Dec 29, 2008
knoxville
Jealousy??? Jealousy???

Of what? The 7-6 record against ISU? Losing to Minnesota and Northwestern on a regular basis? The alcohol issues? The drug issues? The sexual assault cases? Brandon Wegher?? Rabdo-gate?

The only thing that I may be jealous of is that weak *** football schedule, playing 6 of the bottom dwellers of division 1 almost guaranteeing a bowl spot. Although you almost blew that one by losing to Minny. At least ISU is able to beat the teams we are supposed to (and then some).
you're bragging about having a losing record to Iowa, which is hilarious. Don't act like ISU would always beat those teams that you are making fun of Iowa losing to, that's part of what makes college football so interesting to watch, you never know what can happen, that's why they play the game right? For a long time the big 12 north was a joke and ISU could never even get it done then either, so maybe quit ******* about how hard the big 12 is and maybe just start to compete in the conference that you want so badly to be in. Most Iowa fans know that the big 10 is down and has been for awhile but there is nothing you can do but play who is on your schedule, these things seem to go in cycles, I just hope players and coaches don't **** and moan as much as fans do about how hard or easy a schedule is. I can't disagree about the negative things that have happened in the program, it's embarrassing, but some of you need to get your heads out of the clouds and realize that ISU is not perfect either, and you never know what is going to happen or has already happened that hasn't came out yet(ie PSU).

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why would KF leave. He has it made in IC. He runs the athletic dept, has the media eatting out if his hands and gets paid very well. All he has to do in return is turn a blind eye to the bad things that happen in his program, win a co conference title once every 10 years and go to a BCS bowl every 7 years.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
images

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
This isn't fair. I don't want Ferentz to go to PSU, and I don't think he's dirty. Jo Pa committed no crime and did not participate in the illegal cover-up (i.e. he didn't commit perjury) but he did handle the scandal with silence - in this case it is enough to damn him. To think that Ferentz would have handled it much differently, based on his management of every scandal the Hawks have been through on his tenure, is possible. Perhaps the horrific nature of the report would have inspired Ferentz to do more, whereas Jo Pa just passed the info along.

But those who doubt that he would have done anything different have a point, and a history to support it, as well.

I don't, for the record, think he's a scumbag. But I also can completely imagine him whipping out the "process, bureaucracy" card as an excuse for committing sins of omission.

This isn't unfair. What's unfair is anyone who would equate Sandusky's crimes + JoPa's cowardice + the cover-up with anything that the hawks have gone through.

But I don't think the crimes are being compared. Just the institutional approaches to scandal. You may be reading too much into the critique. Or I'm not reading enough into it.

Actually not reporting child molestation to the authorities not just your AD is against the law in Pennsylvania as it is in Iowa. Joe Pa and all others with knowledge should be charged. They put their programs reputations and their friendship with this animal ahead of the welfare of 10 year old children. What I can't understand is how that GA did not immediately put a stop to what was going on and get that boy out of there.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Both Ferentz and Rhoads' names could be bandied about, and Penn State could do a lot worse than either one.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Isn't that fiery red head assistant coach supposed to be the next head coach at Penn St. anyway...

No way. If Paterno has to go then he should have to go too. He should have beat the **** out of Sandysky when he saw it.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Actually not reporting child molestation to the authorities not just your AD is against the law in Pennsylvania as it is in Iowa. Joe Pa and all others with knowledge should be charged. They put their programs reputations and their friendship with this animal ahead of the welfare of 10 year old children. What I can't understand is how that GA did not immediately put a stop to what was going on and get that boy out of there.

I agree. Why isn't he catching more heat? He walks in on the act and just turns around??