Ferentz and choosing his captains based off race

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They set up the point system which obviously had a cultural bias. They just didn't realize it would end up 8 zip. When the coaches set up a point system that favors one race over another and those coaches have been accused of mistreating AA players you still think it's a coincidence.

If you listen to the podcast the first 20 picks were all white players based off Kirk's criteria

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
They set up the point system which obviously had a cultural bias. They just didn't realize it would end up 8 zip. When the coaches set up a point system that favors one race over another and those coaches have been accused of mistreating AA players you still think it's a coincidence.

So now rewarding class and workout attendance is culturally biased?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
"Thats how things are done around here!" Typed in good ol boy font.

I am sorry to tell you but the way they set up their criteria smacks of cultual bias!

We don’t know the entire list of criteria, so it is possible there were some racially or culturally biased ones on the list. However, the few examples that I have heard - classroom attendance, workout attendance, compliance with dietary requirements - are not culturally biased in the slightest.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We don’t know the entire list of criteria, so it is possible there were some racially or culturally biased ones on the list. However, the few examples that I have heard - classroom attendance, workout attendance, compliance with dietary requirements - are not culturally biased in the slightest.

You literally said KF ****** up by using that criteria

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do you think workout attendance could be if they feel discriminated against?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
We don’t know the entire list of criteria, so it is possible there were some racially or culturally biased ones on the list. However, the few examples that I have heard - classroom attendance, workout attendance, skin color, compliance with dietary requirements - are not culturally biased in the slightest.
Fixed for accuracy

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

KF is not culturally biased. KF is racially biased.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Have the black players just simply tried being white?

If you listen to the podcast that's basically what they had to do. They "acted white" so they could fit into Kirk's "Iowa Way" criteria. Tough listen to hear what they went through but informative

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you listen to the podcast that's basically what they had to do. They "acted white" so they could fit into Kirk's "Iowa Way" criteria. Tough listen to hear what they went through but informative

If AA players were getting in trouble for tattoos, what they wore, hats; that was probably the etc. Lose points for things Kirk didn’t like, which turned out to be racial differences.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
This situation reminds me of this clip from Stripes

There is something all the players have in common . . . . .