FB Season Ticket Sales Going Strong

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
The part about donating and being between the 20s........yeah.....that’s off. Maybe upper deck, we are lower around the 10 and like our seats. Have been in 4-5 different areas over 20 years and like our current ones.

We've been season ticket holders for 15yrs, and donors at the Cardinal level for 10+. Whenever the AD threatened to move us off paved lots if we didn't pony up... We are right on the 15, lower level, 11 rows up.

I've asked about giving more to move toward the center, at that time we would have moved to about the 20 (on the isle.) Plus have to get all new seat-friends, and I like the ppl around us now.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
You'll know based on your donation level.

First they confirm the desired seats for existing season ticket holders. Then they open up that section for new season ticket holders. That usually takes until about May.

FTR, we have nose bleed seats and like them just fine. There isn't a bad seat in the house.
Top row here, west side. Love the seats. I can move down based on my priority but choose not to. Can stand all game without having to piss anyone off behind me and you have a great wind block when the wind is howling out of the NW, W and SW.

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Top row here, west side. Love the seats. I can move down based on my priority but choose not to. Can stand all game without having to piss anyone off behind me and you have a great wind block when the wind is howling out of the NW, W and SW.

We've done the mobile pass the last 2 years but 3/5 of the games last year were in lower 25(?) anyway right next to the away team in the corner. It was kind of annoying but hey, its a $25 ticket so we didn't complain.

We'd rather be higher up than in a corner. So it will be interesting. We're ok with higher up seats as long as they aren't the corner but we've been in most sections, we actually liked G the best so far. Closest to center we've been with the mobile pack. Also had one in the last row, besides being far from the field, it wasn't an issue with the jumbo-tron.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
We also wanted to get season tickets to get to know more people and for tailgating. We don't know too many people that tailgate yet. :eek:

HititHard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 11, 2009
Is the Sukup Club worth the price?
I've had Sukup tickets since it opened and let them go this year for regular donor seats. There are parts of it I'll miss especially on bad weather days.
I like to drink on game day as much as anybody but we seemed to be consistently beside obnoxious drunks that more than once dumped their drinks on my clients or their spouse.
You'll also watch the game on the screen more than on the field except when they are inside the south 20.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Is the Sukup Club worth the price?

I think it is hard to argue that they are worth the price. I have always liked end zone view even when I was a student. You see the line play so well, see when a hole opens up. But as they move toward the north end zone it gets hard to tell if they gained one yard or four. Of course the video boards help solve that question, especially on the replay.

I have had end zone seats ever since they first put in the bleachers so I just stayed there when they built the Sukup. We rarely buy a beer ($6) so alcohol was not really an incentive for us. It is nice to go in to the A/C for a while in September if it is in the 80's, or in to the heat during October and November.

The upper deck has a lot of glass front so you can try to watch the game from there. But it can get pretty crowded if the weather is bad. Otherwise you can watch the game on the big screens plus they have on other games that are in progress.

The bathrooms are nicer, smaller but usually not too bad of a line. Your food options in the club are fairly limited I would say. We often go out into the main concourse if we want to eat.

So I would say my main reason for being in the Sukup is to support the team financially. I realize we have to spend a lot if we are going to be competitive and this is my way of helping to pay for it.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
We like our seats even though we could move closer to the center of the field. It's easy to get to the bathroom during a timeout, so I never miss a down unless I have to stand in those nutty concession lines.