FAWcast: Episode 156

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thanks for making the arrangements for the gamewatch at Jerry Lawler's. Shame on anyone who gave you grief for things clearly out of your control, such as getting food from the kitchen upstairs.

You pulled off a truly historic moment in Cyclone Fanatic folklore! :D:D:D

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
@ChrisMWilliams I have listened to 2 podcasts now where you rag hard on Memphis..... A rough city - yes, once again not prepared for what we brought - yes..... But calling the place a 'dump' is just getting annoying. It is a old historical city that has some rough datedness to it, but come-on it was not a dump.....

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
If you are staying at a house with Razor wire all around, you are staying in a dump. Not sure what happened to the fancy hotel on Biele nor does it really make the whole city a dump but I'm sure Des Moines looks great by comparison.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If you are staying at a house with Razor wire all around, you are staying in a dump. Not sure what happened to the fancy hotel on Biele nor does it really make the whole city a dump but I'm sure Des Moines looks great by comparison.
I am not arguing this at all, but the heavy use of the word 'dump' is what gets me....

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
@ChrisMWilliams I have listened to 2 podcasts now where you rag hard on Memphis..... A rough city - yes, once again not prepared for what we brought - yes..... But calling the place a 'dump' is just getting annoying. It is a old historical city that has some rough datedness to it, but come-on it was not a dump.....

CW is not wrong, Memphis is a dump.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: SWCy13 and jburke

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

There's literally trash/litter lining pretty much every road.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I haven't been to Memphis, but the description sounds like any city I've been to in TN, GA, NC, and even parts of MO. AKA "the dirty south" :D

Oct 12, 2016
Mark did his research if he came across Jeff Cavaliere. Dude is one of the best in the game and his YouTube videos have taught me so much about fitness and weight lifting.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Hey, if its warm I can deal with a little trash.
I am just annoyed more by the exaggerated use of the word 'dump', just sounds too entitled... If you have been anywhere is the south they do all have the same feel, also if you have been to any city with population greater than 1 mil and it will be just as dirty.

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
From what I recall, CW called it a dump, but in an affectionate way because he also talked about how many great places he visited. Can't say that I disagree with him. For instance, the Cozy Corner was pretty much a dump. But great food and great staff. Even got to talk to the owner. They invested their money in the kitchen, not on the outside of their property.

Help Support Us

Become a patron