Favorite Stand-up Comedian

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pAv-z2ens]YouTube - Pablo Francisco - Little Tortilla Boy (Stand-up Comedy)[/ame]

also, another vote for izzard.

dbqhawk

Dec 3, 2009
Clean (all-time): Cosby
Clean (contemporary): Jim Gaffigan

Blue (all-time): Carlin (runner up: Richard Pryor)
Blue (contemporary): Dane Cook.

kidding. Chris Rock. Or Ricky Gervais. Certainly not filthy, but not PG, either

I love your break down of Clean vs Blue. I would pick Red Skelton as the beats clean but I loved Cosby also

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was just going to comment on this. Mike Birbiglia is my favorite comedian hands down, but I wish he'd release a new CD sometime soon. Listening to "Two Drink Mike" at work today!

His bit about the Baseball Writer's lifetime achievement award is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

"Chalk up another save for the Eck!"

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Dan St. Paul and the First Baseball Game may be the funniest (smartest) thing I've ever heard.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEK_FtMD2QQ]YouTube - Comedian Dan St. Paul on the Bob and Tom Show[/ame]

peachy

Oct 14, 2006
Can't believe no one has said him yet, but I will..... the Dice Man. I saw his show in Vegas about 8-9 years ago, funniest thing I have ever seen. The way he went after people in the audience was awesome.

Others - Bill Hicks, Steven Wright, Gaffigan.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I like humor, and want to know what everyones favorite stand-up comedian is?

My personal favorite performance is Dave Chappelle's "For What It's Worth"
I love humor, but for whatever reason I just CANNOT get into stand-up. I've actually even tried to force myself to like it, to no avail. I totally respect the talent, but for some reason I just can't get into watching it.