favorite quote

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog" while searching for a big rock"

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." - I think you know him :biggrin:

I didn't vote for him 4 times!

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't know the exact quote but whatever Dan McCarney said at halftime of the Iowa v. Iowa State game September 14th, 2002.

If anyone knows the quote please post it.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
"Just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone." - Me, Myself & Irene

"If God had wanted us to play soccer he wouldn't have given us arms" - Mike Ditka

Hansel: So I'm rappelling down Mount Vesuvius when suddenly I slip, and I start to fall. Just falling, ahh ahh, I'll never forget the terror. When suddenly I realize "Holy ****, Hansel, haven't you been smoking Peyote for six straight days, and couldn't some of this maybe be in your head?"
Derek Zoolander: And?
Hansel: And it was. I was totally fine. I've never even been to Mount Vesuvius

all very inspirational...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I keep a pretty lengthy list myself...

"If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised."-Dorothy Parker

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts- for support rather than for illumination." -Andrew Lang

"I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an escalator temporarily out of order sign, only an escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."-Mitch Hedberg

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams

"Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother *******" - The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." - Carl Zwanzig

"There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good."- Stephen Colbert

"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a little."- Joe Martin

What was that quote with Winston Churchill about conservatives/liberals, the age of 30, and being heartless/brainless? I wanna get the exact wording to add to my growing list.

"A man who is under 30 and a conservative has not heart, and a man over 30 who is a liberal has not brains"

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
"If you want to leave your mark on the world, a mark that no one can take away or debate you must find something worthy of your time and energy and make it happen!"
~19Cy78/MRC original 1997~

"The 6 P's--Proper Preparation Prevents **** Poor Perfomances!" Unknown

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
Abraham Lincoln

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Benjamin Franklin

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

You can observe a lot by just watching.
All by Yogi Berra

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
"Some people say the grass is always greener on the other side. I say be the gardner. Water it, feed it, Make your own grass grow green. I make the grass greener wherever I a,, I am the gardener" -Chad Johnson, ocho-cinco 2.0