Favorite place of all time?

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
those Phish shows were back in the late 90's right? Phish was banned from RedRocks for over 10 years after that. I remember seeing Phish at Red Rocks in 94-95.

Correct. They were banned after the shows in '96, which is the shows we went to. I lived in Colorado Springs & Manitou Springs from 94-97. It was pure chaos in the campground and spilling over into Morrison the likes I have never witnessed before or since. Sex, drugs, booze, music and dancing for two straight days. Like partying with thousands of your best friends with no barriers or limits whatsoever. I think I might hallucinate just thinking about it again. Total Insanity.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Dublin and the surrounding areas. The countryside was beautiful and the city itself was very cool, historic and of course the food and drink was delicious.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lot's of name dropping globetrotters in this thread (envy time!). I have only my humble stateside locations.

Favorite Indoor Locale: Sitting on the bench in front of Renoir’s Luncheon of the Boating Party at the Phillips Collection in Washington D.C.

Favorite Outdoor Locale: Probably Backbone State Park in NE Iowa. Was there a lot as a little kid and LOVED the roads, old CCC works and the limestone cliffs. As an adult I got to design some parks so there is that connection.

Favorite Here to Eternity Locale: Deserted beach in Door County in a previous lifetime.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I have a love/hate relationship with these types of threads (about travel/vacation places). I love them because I love to learn about great new places to go..............but then I want the time and money to get to them all!!!!

I 100% completely agree with you. Same feeling I have, because my list is about 6 countries off the top of my head. This is after the ones i'm going to see in the fall. But, as you stated, my problem lies with time and money!!

New Zealand, Austrailia, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, Norway

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron