Favorite Oktoberfest Beer

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Had Revolution Brewing's Oktoberfest offering yesterday. It was good. Worth a try if it is available in your area.

ISU85

Jun 3, 2015
Millstream is the best Oktoberfest in Iowa for sure.

The Germans do it best though. Weihenstephaner and Paulaner are excellent, Hacker-Pschorr, Spaten, and Warsteiner are very good too.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

hawkclone11

Dec 13, 2008
Millstream is the best Oktoberfest in Iowa for sure.

The Germans do it best though. Weihenstephaner and Paulaner are excellent, Hacker-Pschorr, Spaten, and Warsteiner are very good too.

Just got back from Munich on Friday and had some incredibly fresh Paulaner Oktoberfest while I was there which was phenomenal as usual. The Germans definitely do it best, hard to fault any of them.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Staghorn and Surlyfest are my two go to's. The fact that Sam Adams' Octoberfest is everywhere now is great as well in bars with limited selections.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Hacker-Pschorr and Paulaner are my favorites. Full Sail is solid, but hard to find. Being in KC, I wish I liked Boulevard's Octoberfest, but something about it doesn't taste quite right.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Just got back from Munich on Friday and had some incredibly fresh Paulaner Oktoberfest while I was there which was phenomenal as usual. The Germans definitely do it best, hard to fault any of them.

Which beer gardens did you visit? I liked Hirshgarten and Viktualienmarkt the best.

hawkclone11

Dec 13, 2008
Which beer gardens did you visit? I liked Hirshgarten and Viktualienmarkt the best.

I was over there for work so unfortunately didn't get to sample many of the beer gardens...been to both of those before though and they were both great. Went to Augustiner's for the first time rather than their beer hall, actually randomly met some fellow Cyclone fans there last week!

If you ever get a chance to go out to Andechs, that's probably my favorite place/beer in Germany.

Reactions: dmclone

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I like Summitt's. Hawktoberfest isn't too bad either.

Revisiting this, Hawktoberfest is still really good.

SurlyFest is good, though not quite true to style.

Anyone else had Limber Legs by Kalona? I've had 2 of the 4 cans, and it has good flavor, but almost flat. WAY under carbonated. I'm not a huge fan of theirs in general, and this confirms it.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Hacker-Pschorr and Paulaner are my favorites. Full Sail is solid, but hard to find. Being in KC, I wish I liked Boulevard's Octoberfest, but something about it doesn't taste quite right.

Agree with you there, not sure what it is...it's one of the few Boulevard doesn't do well.

Ayinger is my favorite but I've been conducting an Oktoberfest taste test the last few weeks...gone through 11 so far...favorites are Weihenstephaner, Hacker-Pschoor, Erdinger, Mother's, Shiner...

But at the top was Ballast Point's Dead Ringer...it's really good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron