Whats your favorite fast food joint?

• Total voters

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dairy Queen. They make a pretty solid burger in addition to all the ice cream.
Especially if you go for lunch.

Some sort of meat (burger, chicken strips, etc.), fries, drink and a sundae for $5 has to be up there for best fast food value for your buck.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Casey's pizza

I also love Chipotle, but if you are near one, I recommend checking out Freebirds. I think they are in CA, TX, KS. They have different size burritos and a lot more options in terms of tortillas and ingredients.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Problems with Chipotle

1. They don't mix their toppings
2. No queso
3. They hate farmers

These are all reasons why they suck.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Pancheros is sooooo overrated. Give me Qdoba then, very closely behind, Chipolte then something out of a trashcan then Pancheros.

This is just not right. I can understand people thinking Chipotle is better than Pancheros because typically they aren't from Iowa, but Qdoba is just bad.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Problems with Chipotle

1. They don't mix their toppings
2. No queso
3. They hate farmers

These are all reasons why they suck.

4. When people pronounce the l before the t, ie. Chipolte

as for you're problems:
1. I hate the look I get if I ask them to do this, like I'm insulting them personally... no dude I just want a little of everything in each bite.
2. No kidding, get some queso already.
3. You'll have to explain for me.

I will say, I still love Chipotle immensely.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
4. When people pronounce the l before the t, ie. Chipolte

as for you're problems:
1. I hate the look I get if I ask them to do this, like I'm insulting them personally... no dude I just want a little of everything in each bite.
2. No kidding, get some queso already.
3. You'll have to explain for me.

I will say, I still love Chipotle immensely.
1. That place sucks so bad it's not worth me pronouncing it right
2. They have spoken out against livestock farmers in the past and creating videos that make farmers look like terrible people. Basically they have done what PETA does.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
A few randoms I haven't seen yet:

Potbelly
Eegee's
Steak and Shake
Jersey Mike's

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Casey's pizza

I also love Chipotle, but if you are near one, I recommend checking out Freebirds. I think they are in CA, TX, KS. They have different size burritos and a lot more options in terms of tortillas and ingredients.

Had a Freebirds open up near the office about a year ago. Tried it with a couple coworkers. We all preferred Chipotle and haven't been back to Freebirds since.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Had a Freebirds open up near the office about a year ago. Tried it with a couple coworkers. We all preferred Chipotle and haven't been back to Freebirds since.

Chipotle's salsas were better, but otherwise I have had better luck at Freebirds. I had a few times in a row where I got some really fatty meat at Chipotle, so I decided to branch out. Whichever I'm closer to is more likely to get my business. <shrug> I like 'em both.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If you could have a Pancheros tortilla with Chipotle's meat and fillings you'd really be onto something.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
You know what burrito place sucks? Bandit Burrito I tried it once and it was terrible. I'd rather walk to Pancheros or Chipotle before eating that again.