Favorite Band that Few People Know

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just wanted to say THank you for the heads up on this. Never heard of them but I have listened to them repeatedly the past few days. Great stuff!

I am so, so glad! I hope their catalog continues growing, as I enjoy them so much! I'm glad you do, too!

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
For those who grew up in the late 70’s or early 80’s this band was a favorite of mine few knew. Beau Hill was mostly known as a producer, but he also led a band called Airborne and there was not song on it I didn’t like. The guitars always sort of reminded me of Something on a Boston album, but they were not like Boston, just this genre.

The wife always liked this one best

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
Royal Bliss. I've seen them live several times in SE Iowa. Very underrated band.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Big fan of Isis...they were a band before the rise of the terrorist group and disbanded shortly before as well. If you like TOOL, you'll like Isis.

As far as Stoner Metal goes, Electric Wizard is one of the best.

If you're a fan of Run the Jewels but haven't heard El-P or Killer Mike on their own, you're missing out.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I thought of another one in the same vein as how Greta Van Fleet sounds a lot like Zeppelin.

Hanni El Khatib occasionally sounds exactly like late 70s Stones to me, and I love it:

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
First Aid Kit is playing up here in January and two shows sold out in minutes. I was bummed.
I saw them a few years back and it was amazing. At one point they stepped out to the very front of the stage and did their song Ghost Town with only an acoustic guitar and no microphones, and their voices just filled up the whole venue. That performance of that song was honestly one of the highlights of all my concert-going experience.

Help Support Us

Become a patron