Favorite bad movie

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
So many great ones that ended up on TNT/TBS or Cinemax and the extra HBO channels back in the 90s. A few that come to mind:

Last Action Hero - Schwarzenegger parodying his action movies. It tanked when it came up but I think the premise would work better today.
No Escape with Ray Liotta - a sorta sci-fi movie where Liotta is sent to an island prison.
Surviving the Game - rich people hunt the rapper Ice-T for sport
Demolition Man - Stallone goes to the future to fight Wesley Snipes dressed as Dennis Rodman
Can confirm. Some idiot buddies of mine wanted to see this and we were the only ones in the theater (ala Suburban Commando with Hulk Hogan).

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
91AlRT5MMUL._SL1500_.jpg

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Wild, Wild West is truly dreadful, just having a lot of trouble with “so bad it’s good” part.
That movie could have been great, but it just ... wasn‘t. At all. Right when Will Smith was riding high as the king of summer movies, he shows up in this steaming pile.

From Kenneth Branagh’s overacting legless villain to the giant steam-powered spider to Kevin Kline looking like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world than on that set - man, it was terrible.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I really enjoy Con Air. There are so many things that don't make sense, right from the start. Nic Cage's accent is bad, and the other criminals are basically cartoon characters.

But I'll watch it every time I catch it on TV.

The cast of Con Air is ridiculously talented with so many huge stars...just bizarre seeing them in something that is so awesomely bad.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
That movie could have been great, but it just ... wasn‘t. At all. Right when Will Smith was riding high as the king of summer movies, he shows up in this steaming pile.

From Kenneth Branagh’s overacting legless villain to the giant steam-powered spider to Kevin Kline looking like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world than on that set - man, it was terrible.
Apparently Kevin Smith was hired to write a Superman movie in the 90s and the producer guy had some crazy requirements, one of which was that Superman fight a giant robot spider. Nothing came of the script but a few years later the guy produces Wild Wild West. Smith has a pretty funny interview out there about it.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Starship Troopers is legitimately a good movie that people thought was a bad one because they missed the satire.
My cousin was attending the University of Wyoming at the time they were filming out there and ended up being an extra in the film.

Gink

Apr 23, 2007
Straight to Hell

Punks, guns and coffee​

Straight to Hell is a 1987 independent action-comedy film directed by Alex Cox and starring Sy Richardson, Joe Strummer (frontman of The Clash), **** Rude, and Courtney Love. The film also features cameos by Dennis Hopper, Grace Jones, Elvis Costello, Edward Tudor-Pole, Kathy Burke, and Jim Jarmusch. Band members of The Pogues, Amazulu, and The Circle Jerks are also featured in the film. The film borrows its title from The Clash's 1982 song of the same name.

The film has been called a parody of Spaghetti Westerns,[1] and concerns a gang of criminals who become stranded in the desert, where they

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron