Favorite artist/band

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
O.A.R

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL95L0-26b0"]YouTube - Live In The Vineyard: O.A.R. - War Song[/ame]

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Foo Fighters
O.A.R.
Third Eye Blind
Steve Miller Band

O.A.R. is great until you turn 19...I kid, I kid....If I have to pick one and only one, it is Dave Matthews Band. They hold some setimental value and I really grew up listening to them. I still love DMB but have moved on, so to speak.

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Yonder Mountain String Band
Chris Thile

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
i think they have a very well balanced repetoir. Been seeing them since 2002 for a total of 48 shows. i would consider myself to be a hardcore fan. I love thier live show for the fact that they mix it up with short well crafted songs that segue into a "Jimmy Stewart" section which is improv based in a certain key or tone. they also have huge heavy hitters that span 15+ minutes. couple all this with their light show and you have a genuine RAWK SHOW \mm/ While thier catalogue can be intimidating and their style somewhat ADD once you learn it you will understand that it truly is not ADD but precise musicianship. Highly suggest seeing UM in the live setting.

I've seen UM a few times and their musicianship is mind-blowing. They kinda look like DB's up there, but great musicians nonetheless. The song "Mantis" in the studio is one of my favorite songs of all-time. They can get a little too jammy for my taste at times, but their live show is one hell of an experience.

Reactions: thatguy

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
O.A.R. is great until you turn 19...I kid, I kid....If I have to pick one and only one, it is Dave Matthews Band. They hold some setimental value and I really grew up listening to them. I still love DMB but have moved on, so to speak.

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Yonder Mountain String Band

I see your point about oar... there live shows are usually really good except for the drunk minors at the show... The same can be said for DMB... I actually started out following DMB... but find the same enjoyment and energy from OAR... to me DMB is just to much of a production now...OAR is just a couple guys my age doing what they love....

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
I see your point about oar... there live shows are usually really good except for the drunk minors at the show... The same can be said for DMB... I actually started out following DMB... but find the same enjoyment and energy from OAR... to me DMB is just to much of a production now...OAR is just a couple guys my age doing what they love....

I'm actually going to see O.A.R. tonight at Red Rocks. Should be a great party. Of course, I'm going to have a great time with friends at one of the best venues anywhere. O.A.R. just happens to be the band playing tonight.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK7-5eXRA7A&feature=related]YouTube - Nada by Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers[/ame]

Apr 23, 2010
Denver, CO
Yeah! I was there too. I've been out there the past three years. Best festival on the planet.

ive lived here for 6 years and always said i would go but for one reason or another i didnt. so this year was my first and all i can say is im an idiot for not going before this. absolutly the best festival experience i have ever had. I did it all too. the crew i was with has been going for 12 years running. we had front row all four days, i even slept in the tarp line one night. guess thats what i get for being a gn00b. it was way worth it though cause i got to run around town park with Vince Hermann singing xmas carols at 3 am! i absolutely love everything about this festival and telluride has got to be one of the most amazing places on this planet. no doubt.

XLK9

Dec 31, 2009
Ames
There are certainly some good ones listed so far.

But for me it has to be "That little ol' band from Texas: ZZ TOP!":notworthy: