Famous people repping ISU

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Somebody had told me that either the set designer or the sound manager was an ISU grad and that is how that pennant made it into the movie.

I know a set designer who went to ISU, kinda hated her experience here (tri-delt legacy), but will reach out to her to suggest throwing in some ISU stuff. She works on some pretty big and mainstream shows.

Reactions: NWICY

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I can offer no proof, but I swear I saw Sheryl Crow with a Walking Cy sweatshirt on Johnny Carson like 40 years ago.
I've heard this before re Sheryl Crow but it has to be more recent doesn't it? I don't think she was a "thing" 40 years ago.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I've heard this before re Sheryl Crow but it has to be more recent doesn't it? I don't think she was a "thing" 40 years ago.
I was curious so decided to Wiki her career and she didn't have a solo career until 1994 after Carson had retired. She was however a back up singer for some big acts like Michael Jackson in the late 80s so it would be possible she showed up on the show in that capacity.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Somebody had told me that either the set designer or the sound manager was an ISU grad and that is how that pennant made it into the movie.
They do that stuff. I have an old hs friend who is a grip, has been forever (worked on a ton of movies in the 90s). He worked on Grays Anatomy, and when he found out one of our other classmates was a huge fan, he snuck her name on a patient list on the wall somewhere in the show. They do little invisible stuff like that all the time.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
They do that stuff. I have an old hs friend who is a grip, has been forever (worked on a ton of movies in the 90s). He worked on Grays Anatomy, and when he found out one of our other classmates was a huge fan, he snuck her name on a patient list on the wall somewhere in the show. They do little invisible stuff like that all the time.
There is a guy from my HS who is a writer out in LA LA Land and does this stuff all the time. He named a character after a personal friend of mine haha

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Honestly those 4 american pie movies with the main cast all hold up.

Surface level yeah, theyre teen comedies, but they have a lot of heart and the characters all show a lot of growth. Wouldnt mind seeing another one made if they could get that group back together.

Ask and ye shall receive:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I love stats. Cyclone Larry provided some additional context that paints a more accurate picture.

Fox Sports recently distributed an in house graphic across all its social media channels that showed the Big 12 is last in touchdowns in 2022. It's a stat, an INCREDIBLY misleading stats.

The reality is that PER TEAM the Big 12 is #1 in touchdowns this year by a significant margin in spite of its teams actually playing less games per school than the other four because three of our teams are the only FBS schools that still only have four games played. One of those teams is OK State who scores a ton of TDs per games. If you actually want TDs, the Big 12 is by far the best yet here's the second biggest sports network spreading lies the Big 12 is last in TDs.

We need stronger leadership and markeing that doesn't just get rolled over. We need to call out actual statistical truth, especially when the Big 12 is strongest at something and being painted as the worst.

View attachment 103966

Lol that is an incredibly dumb stat. I'm on Twitter a lot, so I'm guessing I don't follow that account.

Other than Connelly at ESPN, nobody is really highlighting the strength of the Big 12 this season. We are a clear #2 behind the SEC, and with no divisions, an argument could easily be made that the Big 12 is the toughest conference to play in.

The bias is so obvious and frustrating. We desperately need a Big 12 rep on every network. We have none.

Sur luks lik woody harrelson LOL
That is native Iowan, and professional bowler, Roy Munson.
Another movie to watch!
Now I’ll never unsee it.
Haha! But he could ball!

Una mas..

Btw, none of the above clips have ISU anything in them! :( But have plenty of Woody!

Last edited: