Eye Opening Statistic

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
So they have all these top 10 finishes, but only 3 NY6 bowls? Doesn't that mean they were outside the top 12 going into the bowl game and only snuck in the top 10 due to bowl teams losing?

That is exactly what that means.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Iowa hasn't had a team as good as this Iowa State team in over a decade and this would be an average season for them? Lol
What’s funny is our average win total under Campbell is 7.0 wins and rising. Theirs under KF is like 7.4. What a massive difference according to Hawk fans.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Why do Iowa fans think this is some sort of measuring stick with how our program is doing? No one gives a **** about beating Iowa. We care about beating OU and Texas.
Weird fanbase, football season is over in September basketball in December. The remainder of the year filled with keystone light and mean tweeting young minorities.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Why do Iowa fans think this is some sort of measuring stick with how our program is doing? No one gives a **** about beating Iowa. We care about beating OU and Texas.

I would actually take the “genius of the and” vs. the “tyranny of the or”.;)

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I’m not good enough or want to spend the long time of going year by year looking up what coach Mac’s record was against Iowa to throw that one up at them can someone help me get it a easier way ? Yeah in that era they went to better bowls and they would say yeah we beat them but it was our big game of the year our “ super bowl” . Now the script is flipped but here they are throwing at us we haven’t beat them with Campbell.

Reactions: jctisu

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I also find it really funny how dumb Hawkeye fans are when saying 8-3 wouldn’t get a Fiesta bowl berth in a normal year. Well yea, no ****? In a normal year we would have played 13 games before the bowl game not 11.

In normal year, non conference
South Dakota W
Iowa W
UNLV W
8-1 in Big 12, loss in Big 12 Championship = 11-2 heading into bowl. Still 10-3 if we would have managed to lose to Iowa, but I don’t think we would have.

6-1 also doesn’t get a Fiesta Bowl berth which every Iowa fan seems to think Indiana were deserving for doing a 2nd half back door Dan McCarney cover special against Ohio State and not beating anyone with a winning record all year.

They Danny Macked the **** out of OSU.

Reactions: awd4cy