Extra incentives to join the Cyclone Gridiron Club

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
OK...think it through then. You are a club trying to raise money for ISU FB. Would you up the entry fee for every single member to cover ALL of the events that they promote? So instead of paying $100, they need to pay $100 + $10 for this scrimmage + $20 for the signing day event + 50 for the Albaugh outing + $15 for the spring game tailgate + 50 for the coaches picnic?? This just in, not all members are able to attend all events. You probably shouldn't charge them like they are.

I guess that it's been a long time since I was "disappointed" to pay $10 for anything that I would enjoy watching. I'm happy to pull a ten dollar bill (or $20 or $50) out of my pocket to watch something like this. If you want to call that freaking out, whatever.

Why doesn't this whiner get a tin cup and stand outside the event and beg like all the other crybabies who can't afford $10. Besides, he probably isn't even a member of the Gridiron Club because he won't afford it, so his whining is a moot point. He's not getting in.

What don't you understand about the word "option"? Your attitudes are precisely why people shy away from the CGC and instead put more money in the Cyclone Club.
Even though I've donated thousands of dollars to ISU you're right...I have yet to join the CGC because of the holier than thou attitude that perpetuates many there. That is a turnoff to many of us.
Thanks for your freakout moments to reconfirm what I already knew.

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
The primary purpose of the CGC is to raise money for football. That's what is is all about!!!

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Crap... I joined the GC last week because I thought we were going to chose the starting quarterback for the team by a vote of hands... Gosh Dang it!

Z

usnclone

Feb 9, 2007
So, I just joined. Do I need to wait a couple days before I can buy my ticket to the practice?

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
So, I just joined. Do I need to wait a couple days before I can buy my ticket to the practice?

No you can go to CGC Closed Practice - Cyclone Gridiron Club and sign up now. Names on the registration will be compared to the names on membership lists.

Thank you for joining...look forward to seeing you there. Go Cyclones! 8/16 is, technically, the last day of registration.

Last edited:

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
Are these types of outings the main benee of the Gridiron Club? How many alums live within 50 miles who can attend?

We have members across the state and a fair number from across the country as well as one in Japan (tough commute). The events are a big benefit in that members get to talk with and know the coaching staff on a more personal level. Also get to know some additional Cyclone Fans.

We are also working with sponsors to provide members with discounts for some of their products and services as CW pointed out yesterday.

Last edited:

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
What don't you understand about the word "option"? Your attitudes are precisely why people shy away from the CGC and instead put more money in the Cyclone Club.
Even though I've donated thousands of dollars to ISU you're right...I have yet to join the CGC because of the holier than thou attitude that perpetuates many there. That is a turnoff to many of us.
Thanks for your freakout moments to reconfirm what I already knew.

I would disagree with your comments...I have not found that to be the case at all. Just a lot of enthusiastic, fun Cyclone Fans supporting the football team. CGC would like to have as many members as possible and we do ask people to join CGC a lot, but we know it is not for everyone-no worries.

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Frak is a high roller money means nothing to him anymore. Congrats on your accomplishments in life, however not everyone is in that position and live on a budget.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I believe he said he wanted to have a starter going into the scrimmage. That way the starter has a full scrimmage under their belt. Lets get real here. The longer the starter gets to work with his backs and receivers, the better off the team will be. I dont think he wants this to be a long drawn out process.

What I remember him saying is that he wanted to have two weeks with a starting QB named. There's a full scrimmage (gameday conditions) one week before the game. My understanding is that the scrimmage on the 20th is the final test and I'd expect a starter named at that following Monday press conference.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Frak is a high roller money means nothing to him anymore. Congrats on your accomplishments in life, however not everyone is in that position and live on a budget.

Yeah! I look down my nose at you peons with my legendary $100 donation to the Cyclone Gridiron Club! Oh, and don't forget that extra $10 to get into the scrimmage next Saturday. I KNOW the common man couldn't handle the "disappointment" of having to come up with that huge wad of cash prior to the scrimmage.

Last edited:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
What I remember him saying is that he wanted to have two weeks with a starting QB named. There's a full scrimmage (gameday conditions) one week before the game. My understanding is that the scrimmage on the 20th is the final test and I'd expect a starter named at that following Monday press conference.

Well, I will see you there and we will find out together.

Clizone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
www.goiowastate.com
BTW - The Cyclone Gridiron Club is willing and happy to get new members at the event tomorrow! Now is the best time to join, get signed up and check out the closed scrimmage.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
BTW - The Cyclone Gridiron Club is willing and happy to get new members at the event tomorrow! Now is the best time to join, get signed up and check out the closed scrimmage.

Oh, and don't forget that tremendous free 25 cent sticker ".... choice of an ISU window graphic including a full-color I-State window or a white I-State window graphic.." offered by Chris and his friends.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I promise I will join the Gridiron Club if they get the new Cy-Hawk trophy changed.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Chris, if you can get that abomination they're calling a trophy changed, I'll join the Cyclone Club.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron